Timezone: UTC-8 (San Francisco) - UTC+1 (Berlin)
About the Company and team:
One of the world's leading blockchain company that is on intersect between blockchain and the entertainment industry. The company has a track record of launching several applications which were a hit and massively adopted on the general scale. The company has raised more than $300MM to date and is on a trajectory to become the leader in the space they are in.
About the team:
- You will work with humble and curious builders who share a passion to make the world a more open and empowering place through the adoption of decentralized systems
- A diverse crew that flourishes in a distributed hierarchy where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged
- Regardless of where you came from, what you studied, or who you used to work for, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues.
About the role:
The company is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to build a bridge between blockchain and gaming.
We're looking for someone who will push the codebase forward and balance the need between scaling, optimizing, and shipping new and exciting features.
You will be working on a new exciting product that has skyrocketed this year and is on a verge of becoming a global success with million+ users already heavily using the product which is in beta.
What are you going to work on:
- Optimize the web application for scale. Application is in beta but dealing with massive growth and scaling querying, caching, and deployment strategies is a top priority.
- Designing and planning features for effective execution. Work with product and design to spec features for execution by our development teams.
- Build for stability and predictability. You will be moving fast and ship to a large audience several times a day and our marketplace is 24/7. Deployments need to be effortless to the team and seamless to users. You'll contribute to refining our CI/CD process as well as bug triage and fire response processes.
- Above all, you'll level up the team's ability to tackle the technical challenges of going from beta to mass adoption.
- Quickly gains proficiency when exposed to unfamiliar technical patterns, systems, or languages.
- Ability to unblock individuals when they are faced with technical challenges
- Is a strong communicator who can collaborate well with other non-technical functions (e.g. Product & Design)
- Has the courage to try out new tools, fail fast, and dive into unknowns to solve new and challenging problems
- Several years of experience working with Golang or any similar language
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Developing DApps or interacting with blockchains
- Event-driven architecture, familiarity with Kafka, and comfort with having eventual consistency across multiple services
- Has a strong understanding of the application and API security
- Flexible vacation & work policy - minimum 15 days off per year with no hard limit for our high-impact individuals. As a remote-first company, live and work from where it suits you best.
- Diverse opportunities for learning and development - we provide resources for conferences, classes, books, and other opportunities to maintain and expand your skillset and professional growth.
- Top-Line equipment - from company smartphone of your choice with a paid plan, to generous equipment budget.
- Flexible parental leave policies - We understand the importance and demands of a growing family.
Salary or Compensation
$150,000 — $200,000
Europe, South America, North America