Forum is a pan-European journalistic platform that provides every day the most relevant articles on Europe's core debates from leading publications translated into various European languages.
We are looking for a skilled WordPress Developer to join us on a freelance or employment-contract basis. This person will support us in our platform's migration from our current CMS to WordPress, maintain and develop our platform further after completing the transition process.
What will you do?
What should you bring?
- Support the migration of our platform from our current CMS to WordPress and work closely with a WP agency
- Maintain the WordPress website, create landing pages and support our website projects
- Perform regular updates of core WordPress and plugins
- Monitor security alerts for WordPress and Plugin, update accordingly
- Ensure technical SEO is working properly and monitor the performance of our website
- Collaborate with our inhouse product designer to ensure UI/UX feasibility
What are the benefits?
- Proven work experience as a WordPress Developer
- Knowledge of Paywall/ChargeBee integrations
- Strong knowledge of themes structure, templates, hooks, widget API
- Strong content management and project management skills
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics
- Advanced knowledge of technical SEO is a plus
- Strong communication skills
- High level of initiative, creativity, and independence
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
- Knowledge of Flynt is an advantage
- Have the opportunity to work in an impact-driven startup, making your ideas count and turning your ideas into reality while steadily improving your knowledge and skills
- Become an integral part of our young and cool team with flat hierarchies and an open mind for all kinds of creative ideas
- And of course… Enjoy a Startup environment in Berlin-Kreuzberg with coffee and snacks, flexible working hours and policies, Thursday team hangouts and other events
Our WordPress Developer
would join the Forum Team in Berlin Headquarters
from various locations across Europe.
Both freelance or employment contracts are possible.
Submit your application asap, as we are recruiting on a rolling basis, or latest by 14th of April 2021.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.