Wood Thilsted is a consulting engineering company specialised in offshore wind. We operate globally with projects located in Asia, North America and Northern Europe and deliver foundation designs and expertise for industry-leading projects and clients. We currently employ a staff of over 100, working from offices in the UK, Denmark, USA, Japan and Taiwan with continued growth foreseen.
As a company, we strive for technical excellence and to provide the best overall value to our clients’ projects. We also aim to maintain our strong culture based on mutual trust, honesty, knowledge sharing and a good social atmosphere.
Due to our continued success and growth, we are searching for an ambitious Project Manager to be a part of the Wood Thilsted Team and to support the future development of the company.
Areas of responsibility: As a Lead Project Manager, your main assignment will be to successfully deliver and coordinate major design projects, in collaboration with in-house technical teams. In your role you will:
- Be primary client contact and project management lead for detailed design projects delivering offshore wind farm foundation designs for high-profile sites. You will work alongside supporting project managers and support staff in order to achieve this.
- Manage change, risk and budget across work packages, supporting the technical teams to deliver their best work.
- Work closely with the project design team, engaging in technical topics and key design decision making. You will have the pleasure of working with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
- Supervise and prepare detailed documentation regarding the development of the project programme, resource/budget, risk register and general project management reporting
- Ensure that WT deliverables meet the required quality and scope requirements.
- Regularly engage clients and form a key contact between the WT team and external parties, actively working to deliver a successful project for all. You will further play a part in developing our strong network in the industry.
- Contribute towards tendering and the development of unique tools for offshore wind project management.
The primary work location will be either the UK or Denmark. You may expect some travelling in relation to your work (primarily when Covid restrictions are eased) and there are potential opportunities, if desired, for placements abroad.
Your background: We are looking for someone who thrives in an international environment and is fluent in English. An individual that has strong drive and takes initiative/responsibility for assignments and is motivated by creating excellent results through teamwork. It is essential that you possess strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with clients and other consultants effectively.
Furthermore, it is an advantage if you have:
- Substantial, relevant experience as a professional engineer or project manager, ideally in offshore wind, but alternatively other technologies or complex projects - for example aviation, defence or civil engineering.
- Hold a master’s degree or higher in civil, mechanical or electrical engineering.
- Very strong decision-making skills and judgement capabilities to balance and prioritise competing requirements
- A good understanding of typical engineering contracts
- A well-tuned sense of personnel needs and experience achieving high levels of project team wellbeing
- A well organised mindset, which can adapt to the dynamic needs of a high-growth company
In return we offer you excellent opportunities to influence your daily work, develop new competences and work on projects of global importance.
: Please apply using the link: http://woodthilsted.com/careers/
where you will have the opportunity to upload a CV and enter your details for consideration.