About DigitalService4Germany: The DigitalService4Germany develops digital solutions with the government that center around the needs of citizens and work better for everyone.
To deliver on our mission we’re building a digital service unit from the ground up that is 100% federally owned and reporting directly to the chancellery. We build user-centric software products. We do not work for profit but for cause, and we are looking for purpose-driven and ambitious individuals to join the team.
As a Software Engineer you will develop and operate software in one of our projects.
More about the role:
- You develop, build and operate software products.
- Deliver high quality software by paying strong attention to API design, automated tests, scalability, resilience, data security and data protection.
- You work closely with the rest of the team to define the roadmap, and you take responsibility to deliver your parts.
- You have 2+ years of experience developing software.
- You are experienced with your stack of choice, you can argue it’s pros & cons when applied to different challenges.
- You frequently learn new tools & languages to always use the best solution for the given job.
- You thrive working in an agile team, constructively discussing solutions and giving and getting feedback on a regular basis.
- You have a positive, results-oriented attitude.
- You have basic proficiency in German language.
- You will be one of the first team members with the unique opportunity to play an important role in building a modern software development unit inside the german government.
- An Office in the center of Berlin with flexible home office regulation.
- A mission-driven team, aligned on a common vision to make digital government work better.
- We will provide German lessons for non-German speakers.