What You Will Do
HODINKEE is looking for a full time Sr. Full Stack Engineer to help build the top platform for everything watch related. We are the combination of an editorial outlet, an e-commerce/retail platform, and a tech-forward product team. As a Sr. Full Stack Engineer at HODINKEE, your work will touch most of the business and enable technology to keep the experience for our readers and customers on the bleeding edge.
From an engineering standpoint, you will need to be able to implement new features, as well as understand, work with, and refactor existing code. We are looking for someone that prefers to solve problems in the best way instead of the quickest way and is comfortable enough with development to solve problems on their own. We are a small team, so you must be organized and comfortable working in relative autonomy.
Who You Are
At a minimum, candidates should have at least 5 years of experience in the following:
· Extensive experience working in Ruby (deep Rails knowledge is a plus)
· Proficiency with relational databases and SQL (Postgres preferred but not required)
· Proficiency with non-relational databases such as Redis
· Experience designing and building API’s, as well as working with 3rd party API’s
· Ability to implement responsive designs and work closely with our designers
· Proficiency working with git version control
An exceptional candidate will have some additional, preferred qualities such as:
· Experience working with Shopify or any other e-commerce platform, or experience working with technology integration in a retail commerce setting
· Experience working on content management systems or parts thereof, e.g. WYSIWYG editors
· Some knowledge of performance optimization, either at a language or a system level
· Familiarity with Heroku
For bonus credit, you should definitely let us know if you have:
· Experience in machine learning or other emerging technologies
· A deep interest in watch collecting and or other luxury goods
HODINKEE is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life.