Ecosia, the search engine that plants trees, is one of the world's largest social businesses and the first B Corporation in Germany. As part of our mission to cultivate a more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable world, we are planting and protecting forests by enabling people to channel their everyday actions into environmental good. So far our 15 million users have planted over 120 million trees. Our reach is expanding as we continue to grow and plant native and biodiverse trees worldwide!
We are looking for a passionate Paid Performance Manager to join us in Berlin. Do you want to become part of a great purpose-driven team and grow a movement and product used by millions to plant trees around the world?
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
WHAT YOU BRING
- Grow Ecosia’s user base through paid performance campaigns and the implementation of growth hacking principles.
- Manage the performance of paid marketing across our core European and North American markets, ensuring that we have a positive ROAS and are seeing substantial growth of our user base.
- Strategically test and implement new paid channels to diversify the far marketing mix within agreed CPA and CLTV criteria, to grow the marketing program.
- Brief in creative to our in-house design and production team, collaborating on concept ideas, inputting and managing creative feedback and more.
- Closely collaborate with our Country Managers to localize paid campaigns, and increase relevance of our ads as well as support with other marketing initiatives in core markets.
- Manage the work of freelancers who support us on campaigns and creatives, and lead a junior marketing assistant to implement strategy. Where necessary work with external agencies and media vendors to deliver campaigns.
- Regularly update marketing team members and the Senior Leadership Team on performance of paid marketing and growth of our user base.
WHAT WE OFFER
Work for a purpose:
- 3+ years of operational experience in growth and performance marketing for video channels (YouTube, VOD) and/or paid social (Instagram, Tiktok, Facebook, Reddit, Twitter).
- Proven experience in scaling growth, running A/B tests and building out new audiences for paid campaigns. Ideally, you will have experience with app or browser install products however this isn’t essential.
- Strong understanding of key marketing metrics like CAC and ROAS and in-depth, practical knowledge of how to optimize for performance. You’ll be experienced in reporting on performance to a variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent analytic skills and a data-driven approach to solving problems. You’ll have experience using the technology and analytic tools involved in running high-spend paid campaigns.
- You’ll ideally understand GDPR, CCPA and privacy, the implications of cookie-less marketing.
- You’ll have worked with creatives, briefing in designs for ad campaigns. Ideally you will have had experience localizing campaigns for multiple markets.
- Ideally you’ll have had experience managing agencies and freelancers or leading the work of juniors in your team.
- Results-driven with a bias to action. You’ll have a can-do approach to your work, a passion to make an impact and exceed targets and goals.
- Eagerness to learn new skills and a passion for having a positive impact.
- Respect and passion for our core values.
Grow your expertise:
- Instead of working to earn an additional million to your CEO’s annual bonus, you'll add millions of trees for the planet
- Your work will benefit millions of people across the globe daily
- Eco-activism is not expected, but it’s fully supported by the company
- Watch this video to learn more about working at Ecosia: https://youtu.be/_mEdEFAj1sQ
Balance work with other parts of your life:
- Become a member of a diverse, highly-skilled, multi-functional team that’s eager to collaborate and change the world
- Available opportunities and support to advance your professional growth such as monthly learning days, hack days, and a free book policy
- An entrepreneurial environment open to your ideas and initiatives
Get compensated well and fairly:
- Two ‘no-meeting’ days per week and open for periods of remote work
- 30 vacation days
- A fair compensation package that reflects your skills and experience
- Subsidized public transport ticket, gym membership or your monthly green-electricity bill
- Additional perks include weekly team lunches, free vegetarian/vegan snacks, and drinks
Diversity and inclusion are important for us and we are constantly working on improving it.
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace, where everyone, from any background, can do their best work.
We are actively working on creating a workplace that promotes and values diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability and ethnicity.
We stay true to our mission together with ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
We are constantly working on improving it and welcome feedback.
If you’re living with a disability, illness, and/or neurodiversity, feel free to let us know how we can adjust and support your application process. For instance, we can provide different tools, interview formats, or more time for assignments.