Pilot (YC W17) is looking for a Sales Development Representative to join our remote team. For this role, we are looking for someone available to work with our US-based clients. You’ll work directly with one of the founders at a rapidly growing company.
A bit about who we are
Pilot is a small distributed company working remotely from the US, Brazil and Poland. Our mission is to create a more open worldwide job market. Today we’re doing that by making it easy to hire and pay people abroad. We’re backed by Sam Altman, Credo Ventures, Y Combinator and some other great investors.
What you will be working on
We’re looking for a Sales Development Representative to join our Revenue team. You will be responsible for reaching out to prospective customers and helping them learn more about our product.
- You’ll engage with companies that may benefit from using Pilot through phone calls, emails and social media
- You’ll run initial discovery to help people understand if Pilot may be a good fit for their company
- You’ll be helping companies to book a demo with our Account Executives, and own the entire communication process with leads until that point
- You’ll help our team hit our revenue targets
- Amazing communication skills, especially at cold calling. We’re looking for someone who is great at holding people’s attention, knows how to pitch the product based on the pain points they discovered, and who is comfortable talking to prospects both on calls and through emails.
- Proficient in English. We work with US-based companies only so excellent English skills are a must.
- Comfortable with a high velocity of calls and emails, without losing positive energy and an upbeat approach
- Prior experience at a similar role, with a proven track record
- Able to listen to and learn from customers and educate them about the solutions we provide in a non-intrusive way. We’re big believers in helping and educating clients first. This sometimes means recommending they work with other companies, if we’re not the best solution for their problem.
- Available to work during usual working hours in PST time zone
We’d especially like to talk to you if
- You’ve had a chance to work in a distributed team with people from around the globe
- You have experience selling to HR departments
- You have experience with social media outreach
- On-target earnings between $56k to $61.5k annually and up to 0.05% of equity
- Uncapped commissions
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Ability to work remotely from anywhere in the world. We try to hold most of our team meetings between 7am–9am PST / 3pm–5pm BST / 11pm–1am JST to accommodate as many time zones as possible.