Statice is a data privacy startup founded in 2018 and headquartered in Berlin. We commercialize data protection and privacy solutions, enabling organizations to derive value from sensitive data while minimizing privacy risks. Our team believes in a data-driven future where the individual’s privacy comes first, yet innovation is not hindered. With Statice, organizations of all sizes remove existing barriers to data usage and safeguard their customer privacy by generating privacy-preserving synthetic data that is fast to access and compliant to process. With the recently-announced financing round, Statice is at the onset of a new phase. Learn more at https://www.statice.ai/
Your main responsibility will be to develop the user-facing part of our product. We call it internally "the platform" and its ultimate goal is to enable companies to implement "data agility", that is, using data for new purposes, sharing data, monetizing data, etc, all that in a privacy-preserving and compliant way. To achieve that, we provide a series of APIs and user interfaces.
Important: we're hiring fully remote only in the EU.
How you can help:
- Develop the user interface of our product.
- Develop and maintain with the backend team features such as authorization, authentication, logging, deployment and other transversal features that go beyond the frontend.
- Improve usability of our product.
- Develop internal and external-use APIs.
- Conceive new features in collaboration with the backend, privacy and data science teams.
- Experience, at senior level, in development of user-facing products and frontends.
- Backend experience is highly desirable. Our backend systems are written in Python.
- Solid software development practices and knowledge (e.g. tooling, design patterns, algorithmic complexity).
- Clear communication in English. The job requires talking daily with our engineering and commercial teams as well as customers from time to time.
You will join an international and dedicated 15-person team in a growing startup, with plenty of opportunities for impact and personal growth. We are an international team of curious and open-minded people, working from Germany and elsewhere in Europe. We enjoy working together and value respect, honesty, and openness. Our product, privacy research, engineering, and commercial teams work closely together and value the quality of our collaboration. Our employees benefit from:
- Fair and competitive compensation
- Flexible work-schedule
- Self-service learning budget
- Support with relocation & visa application
- 30 days paid holidays
- Work-from-home flexible policy
- German language lessons
We are actively hiring despite the pandemic, and we have adapted our processes accordingly. Our team is working in a remote-first fashion since March 2020, and all interviews will be conducted remotely by default.
Statice is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, genetics, disability nor age.