This position is responsible for developing innovative and creative products for the Crayola portfolio of product offerings. These creative products are for consumers providing them with an enjoyable creative experience thru unique play patterns and technologies.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for generating innovative products with unique and creative play patterns, and then visually presenting them to team members thru sketches, color renderings, or models.
• These new products must be exciting and market relevant to both the trade and the consumer.
• Creating 3D models in the model shop using foam core modeling equipment and using the paint booth for painting samples or using spray mount to assemble presentation boards for design reviews.
• Delivering deliverables within the company product development schedules to insure on time delivery into the marketplace.
• Managing projects through both domestic and international external vendors, and internal cross-functional team members.
• Working closely with all the cross-functional areas of the company to accomplish tasks with-in predetermined budgetary restraints.
• Contributes in brainstorming sessions as well as facilitates brainstorming session with cross functional teams.
• Bachelor’s degree in design is required, any advanced degree would be beneficial.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a product design and development environment within a company structure
• 2 plus years of demonstrated and previous experience in project management.
• Must have working level knowledge of a current 3D modeling software used in product design field. (EX: Solidworks or Rhino) Also a working knowledge of the Keyshot rendering software would be beneficial.
• A strong toy and electronic products background is required along with an intimate understanding of engineering, manufacturing, materials processing, and a solid understanding of marketing and research.
• Past experience with project budget management and control preferred.
• Proven record of exceptional new product development with a high level of creativity and innovation.
• Must be able to effectively use all Microsoft office programs (Ex: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc), and the Adobe Creative Suite, (Ex: Photoshop, Illustrator, etc)