Position is responsible for developing innovative and creative products for the Crayola portfolio of product offerings. These creative products are for consumers providing them with an enjoyable creative experience thru unique play patterns and technologies. Leading the Product Design and development process through the organization in support of the Portfolio Marketing Team.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for generating innovative products with unique and creative play patterns, using mechanisms, chemistry, and or electronics to create fun engaging products. Then visually presenting them to team members thru sketches, color renderings, or models.
• These new products must be exciting and market relevant to both the trade and the consumer.
• Creating 3D models in the model shop using foam core modeling equipment and using the paint booth for painting samples or using spray mount to assemble presentation boards for design reviews.
• Managing project deliverables with energetic cross-functional internal team members, external vendors, and working with our Asian development offices. Staying within a predetermined budgetary restraints and company development schedules to insure on time delivery into the marketplace.
• Contributes in brainstorming sessions as well as facilitates brainstorming sessions with the cross functional teams to provide ideas to product line outside daily responsibilities.
• Handles multiple projects up to and including a variety of highly complex items.
• Prepares visual materials for marketing, testing, line reviews, sales meetings, and retailer presentations to convey product concepts. Creates simple breadboard models when needed to convey product concepts.
• Researches new technology innovations that can be applied to our products keeping them new and exciting to both the consumer and the trade.
• Bachelor’s degree in design is required, any advanced degree would be beneficial.
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a product design and development environment must have working level knowledge of a current 3D modeling software used in product design field. (EX: Solidworks or Rhino) Also a working knowledge of the Keyshot rendering software would be beneficial.
• Must be able to effectively use all Microsoft office programs (Ex: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc), and the Adobe Creative Suite, (Ex: Photoshop, Illustrator, etc)
• 4 plus years of demonstrated and previous experience in project management and working with external vendor resources. Toy and electronic products background is required along with a comprehensive understanding of engineering, manufacturing, materials processing, and a solid understanding of marketing and research.
• A strong toy and electronic products background is required along with an intimate understanding of engineering, manufacturing, materials processing, and a solid understanding of marketing and research.
• Strong past experience with time and project budget management preferred.
• Proven record of exceptional new product development with a high level of creativity and innovation.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate concepts and ideas visually and verbally as well as through prototypes and renderings.
• Individual must be able to work with basic hand tools, foam core cutting equipment, and be able to work in a paint booth environment.
• Some travel (including International travel) maybe required.