, named by Fast Company as one of the world's top 10 most innovative companies in sports, seeks talented Senior Software Engineers to join our fully remote software team.
This position offers tremendous opportunities to work with the only company that delivers on-demand professional-level basketball, baseball, and hockey analytics linked to supporting video to nearly 1500 pro teams, international, and college teams. Our systems are highly complex and contain petabytes of data and video requiring extremely talented engineers to maintain the scale and efficiency of its products.
As a member of the Synergy team, its engineering team will contribute to the ongoing development of Synergy’s revolutionary online sports data and video delivery solutions, building applications such as:
- Sports Analytic Systems
- Data Logging and annotation Systems
- Computer Vision, Video and Game Pipeline for Operations Systems
- Backend Data and Video API Platforms
Synergy’s work environment is geographically distributed, with employees working from home offices. The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a virtual office using online collaboration tools for all communication and interaction in English.
We are a globally distributed team and we work on an asynchronous model with flexibility of when and where you want to perform your job, while still being able to attend team calls and regular meetings. Personal initiative and a strong work ethic are highly encouraged and rewarded.
The company is deadline driven and provides a very transparent freedom and responsibilities culture to all our teams. We strongly believe striking the balance between work and family is very important and our culture is focused on the well being of our team and their loved ones.
Note: This is a fully remote job and your physical location can be anywhere in Europe.
Team Objectives & Responsibilities
A candidate joining the Operations platform team can expect to work on the following types of projects and tasks:
- Creating internal and external APIs to support both data and video
- Building complex data models supporting operational mission critical workflows and data management
- Building rich user interfaces across multiple technologies in web and desktop
- Scaling out current systems to support new sports and new features
- Migrating legacy code to new paradigms
- Working with message brokering and event systems to process complex workflows
- Writing tests and doing code reviews
- Proposing directions to improve operational processes and methodologies
- Advanced C# skills (latest version with a preference to .NET Core)
- Advanced Angular and Typescript
- Extensive software engineering background - 8 years experience or more
- Design patterns and the ability to define and drive software architecture
- Good communication skills, self-motivation, and the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Complex problem-solving skills
- A strong sense of ownership, self-leadership and responsibility
- MongoDB or other NoSql technology
- MySQL or other SQL DB
- Kubernetes or other container orchestration technologies
- Previous experience leading a team
- Experience working in a remote environment
- Work remotely on a fully distributed and asynchronous team.
- Big problems, massive impact. We’re working on big scalability challenges and our flat structure means individuals have an incredible amount of impact on everything they touch.
- A-players only. Join our team of best-in-class engineers to disrupt the sports industry and learn, share and grow with great peers on a daily basis.
- A culture geared towards innovation and experimentation. From Deep learning and Computer vision to Kubernetes and the latest cloud technologies.