Our mission is to help people become happier, healthier, and more resilient in the face of life's challenges. The science suggests these are skills - ones that meditation makes us better at.
At its core, meditation is a simple, secular, scientifically validated exercise for your mind. Like running in the 70's, or yoga in the 90's, meditation is now poised to become the next big public health revolution. Join the team that's accelerating this revolution. Ten Percent Happier touches millions of lives with award winning apps, books and a podcast, is backed by extraordinary investors, co-founded by #1 New York Times Bestselling author Dan Harris of ABC News, and guided by the world's most respected meditation teachers & scientists.
Your mission is to deliver exceptional support to Ten Percent Happier customers so that they get the most out of their Ten Percent Happier experience and so that we create another positive touchpoint with the brand. You will be a key member of a small team in a very collaborative environment, contributing to the overall success of the Customer Support team's mission of providing outstanding, compassionate, and generous service to all people engaging with Ten Percent Happier.
What you will do:
- Provide exceptional customer support:
- Manage daily tagging of customer support queue. Serve as primary owner of daily tagging of the customer support queue using Help Scout, with oversight and support from senior team members - aiming to be able to tag ~60 customer support tickets in an hour of work.
- Manage Tier 1 customer support tickets. With training and support from senior team members, resolve a majority of Tier 1 customer support requests efficiently and effectively - aiming to be able to consistently resolve ~80-100 customer support tickets in an 8-hour work day.
- Grow to assisting on Tier 2 customer support tickets. As time and progressive training allows, contribute to resolving a portion of Tier 2 customer support requests, requiring deeper product knowledge and specialization.
- Gain progressive product knowledge and competency. Develop comfort and confidence with Ten Percent Happier products in order to support customers with many aspects of their product navigation journey.
- Maintain extremely positive customer experience. Represent the values of Ten Percent Happier in every interaction with current and potential customers, conveying kindness and respect alongside competency and expertise, and handling customer requests and questions with a thoughtful, friendly and empathetic tone. Maintain an average Customer Happiness Score of 90% or higher.
- Be an integral team player:
- Contribute to team planning and prioritization. Participate fully in Support team planning and prioritization exercises, bringing creative ideas, insightful perspectives, and a can-do attitude to the collaborative process.
- Help shape the culture of Support. Through embodying our values and principles, as well as through critical reflection and skillful communication, you'll help the team continue to develop its culture of care, integrity, and service.
- Contribute to a positive Ten Percent Happier company culture. Leading with kindness and authenticity, you'll contribute to the cultivation of a healthy company culture through your presence and participation in company meetings and events.
- Manage special projects:
- Take on additional delegated special projects as requested, such as helping maintain internal and customer-facing documentation, conducting discrete research projects, servicing other channels, creating access codes for partners and colleagues, etc.
What you will bring to the team:
- This is an entry level customer support position and we encourage you to apply if you have the additional skills listed.
- You are passionate about creating an amazing customer experience and love to help people.
- You have a strong comfort level and familiarity with one or both of iOS and Android mobile platforms and macOS/Windows desktop operating systems.
- You are technically savvy and can pick up new technology very quickly and confidently.
- You are a great writer with a clear, thoughtful and friendly writing style.
- You excel at communicating clearly in writing to people with a wide range of technical understanding.
- You are a structured and organized thinker who doesn't lose track of details along the way.
- You are adaptable, excellent under pressure, and comfortable with shifting priorities and work plans.
- You are self-motivated and accountable, while thriving in a very collaborative team.
- You have experience or interest in meditation and/or training the mind.
- You have access to a dedicated home work space and reliable internet connection.
Who you will work with:
You will work alongside our fabulous team of Customer Support Representatives.
Remote. The hours for this position will be roughly 8am-5pm EST.
Why we think you will like working here:
- You’ll become a part of a growing company that is changing people's lives for the better.
- We foster a culture that values clear and kind communication, is dedicated to crafting incredible products and content, and will engage your intellect and curiosity on a daily basis. We're passionate about reasonable work hours, flexibility in getting work done, and respecting and valuing the whole life you live.
- We’ll provide you with a competitive compensation package with equity.
- You’ll be eligible for our full benefits package including traditional benefits like health and dental insurance as well as non-traditional benefits like meditation enrichment and DEI stipends.
- We’ll support your work from home set-up with a $1,000 stipend.
Our investment in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
Ten Percent Happier seeks to help people become happier, more connected, and more resilient in the face of life’s challenges. We aim to cultivate a culture that is steeped in the values and practices that we promote through our products and media channels. We welcome the cultural enrichment that comes from diverse experiences in education, class background, age, culture, ethnicity, race, color, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, nation of origin, languages spoken, able-bodiedness, religion and beliefs. We are invested in creating a work environment that supports each of us in feeling valued and recognized for our unique contributions to what we collectively produce, and where we each feel a sense of belonging.
Please do not contact the Ten Percent Happier customer support team regarding your application. They are busy working with customers and will not respond.