Today, there are 60m+ people engaged in “gig work” who face unique challenges as a business of one. While the flexibility of this work has led to new opportunities for many, it has also created challenges around earnings certainty and professional stability. Solo is solving these problems by building the platform for gig workers to optimize their time, move seamlessly between more jobs and access a full suite of services tailored for their work.
About You and the Role
- You will be a part of an early-stage team that is passionate about building products that truly improve people’s lives. You’re curious, resilient, an owner and a strong team player. You are always digging deeper into your code and solutions while collaborating with the team to create a best in class solution that leads to real, rapid results. You move quickly and tackle problems with technology - understanding that sometimes done is better than perfect.
What you’ll do
- Have a seat at the table of an early stage business and help build the business from the ground up - no job is too small or too big
- Design and construct the foundational features of the product in a brand-new category for both external and internal users
- Launch the initial product MVP and lead all aspects of the scale of our tech stack
You may be a fit for this role if you
- Have proven experience building high-quality products
- Enjoy being a generalist working on the frontend, backend, and anything it takes to tackle problems and delight users both internally and externally
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and bias toward action, taking pride in simply getting things done
- Enjoy seeing projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems
- Can put yourself in the shoes of your users and be a steward of crafting great experiences
- Are a learner. You take the time to learn about new technologies and their possible applications constantly looking at how best to approach problems using technology
- Have a low ego, but are quick to engage in candid discussion about the company and it’s direction
- Prior engineering experience in the industry. Bonus but not required: an academic pursuits & studies in the areas of: Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics
- Experience developing web apps with Ruby on Rails
- Familiarity with algorithms, data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and other technical tools
- Have worked with a mobile first design
- Solo is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!
What We Offer
- Opportunity to improve the lives of thousands workers in your community
- Ground floor experience with an equity stake in the company’s future
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Unlimited paid time off
- Apple equipment
Solo is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!