FYI helps companies create a more productive and happier workplace through the use of technology that bridges time zones, teams and tools.
Work has become fragmented. No single app will ever provide everything a whole company needs. Each team uses their own set of tools to create, store, and share information. It’s getting worse. Self-service, freemium, and SaaS apps have given anyone the ability to easily add another app to their company. Even enterprise companies are struggling as they move to the cloud and realize that shared drives and workspaces are a thing of the past.
With this fragmentation, it’s now impossible to see what’s happening at work and to know who has access to company information. FYI brings documents, teams, and tools into a single interface that’s connected to all the software that a company uses.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll build and lead a diverse and inclusive team of engineers working on data processing infrastructure.
- Facilitate technical research, planning, prioritization and staffing for projects
- Collaborate across teams to plan, build, deliver, and support product features
- Assist with code and architecture (20-40% of the time)
- Mentor and coach to grow the talent of your team
Who We’re Looking For
- You’ve managed and grown high performing engineering teams
- You’ve designed and built distributed data processing systems
- You’re able to make decisions and think deeply, even when details are limited
- You’ve managed fully remote, high performance engineering teams
- You’re able to effectively balance speed/quality/tech debt and make engineering decisions that enable speed and quality results
- You’re willing to do whatever it takes, even if this means working outside of your role (backend help frontend, frontend, handle customer support, etc)
The FYI team has been 100% remote since day one, and distributed all over the world. Here are the principles that we embody:
Customers come first
- Obsess over customer needs. Think like a customer. Maximize customer value.
- Be present. Care deeply about the work. Take initiative and be an owner.
- Make smart decisions. Aim for speed. Deliver results.
Learn, teach, and coach
- Improve yourself. Empower others. Succeed as a team.
If you resonate with these principles and feel that you’re a fit for the Engineering Manager role, we’d love to get to know you!