Newchip is a global virtual startup accelerator with the goal of providing world-changing early-stage startups with the tools, skills, and mentorship, and networks necessary to successfully raise, build and scale their businesses to eventual acquisition.
-We're a veteran founding team with decades of experience, numerous acquisitions under our belts, and we're looking for the next member of our team that meets both our core values and has the experience to add complimentary experience.
-We've funded over $300M into companies and are looking for entrepreneurial-oriented individuals who are in it for the long-haul to truly assist startups to drive results that create investment returns to our investors and investor partner network.
-If you're looking to make a difference, we're here to provide the mentorship, leadership, and long-term growth potential to make that dream a reality - if you're here looking for a 9-5, our company isn't for you.
Mission Statement: We drive results and set the standard for entrepreneurs and investors everywhere.
That being said, we're a 100% meritocracy so before we move forward make sure you meet our company values.
Our Venture Partner Program is a full-time General Partner in-training position that will empower and equip you to contribute to our fund and our portfolio in a significant way while establishing yourself to build a career in VC at our firm and/or others.
You must at a core be an excellent leader who can recruit, coach, and build up other leaders. You will work with founders and their teams to develop processes, and externally with investment partners to assist founders in developing and closing rounds.
To be successful in this role, you should have extensive experience in senior leadership roles and/or as a founder and investor, because, you will "build up" great startups, invest in them, and help guide them to acquisition post-investment.
As a Venture Partner, you will be responsible for assisting in the following activities: fundraising, partner and co-investor development, and startup mentoring for a select portfolio of startups under your management.
Over time, your success will be measured by 4 key metrics in this order:
1. Your ability to bring on partners and co-investors for your portfolio.
2. Your ability to coach, train, and mentor a startup portfolio to success.
3. Your ability to assist in raising additional capital to deploy in the fund.
4. Your ability to source deal-flow from your network and region.
You will be required to be an excellent manager, team builder, teacher, recruiter, communicator, firefighter, and issue resolver as your work will contribute to building a foundation for startup success in our portfolio for years to come.
Culture Fit Requirements:
1. A compelling hunger and passion to achieve something great in life and change the world - remember that experience can be gained over time but your passion and drive are what will lead to success via sheer mental fortitude.
2. Willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done, are humble and have a trainable mentality, and able to learn on the job - we're looking for partners that can not only operate in the chaos of a startup but thrive in it and earn a place on our team.
3. Hyper-organized, resourceful, and truly enjoys working in a team to achieve the vision- able to proactively reach out for guidance, offer and receive guidance from your fellow team members, and solve roadblocks on your own.
You may work out of our offices in Austin, TX, however, we are preferentially recruiting for this role as a Remote role to increase our access to additional markets/regions and continue to add to our global network.
Mutual Test Period Contract:
Given the long-term and remote nature of this role post-COVID, we utilize a mutual trial period. Your initial title will be Venture Partner Fellow for your first 90 days at a stipend of $6,250 per month. You will be responsible for your own medical benefits, taxes, office, and other expenses, unless deemed expense-able otherwise or approved for full-time. After 90 days, top-performing individuals will be offered a full-time role with a base salary, benefits, access to invest in our fund, and carry.
Full-time roles require a minimum investment stake in our rolling quarterly fund, with a minimum investment upfront, and the remaining as part of a capital call structure as delineated quarterly. Note that this LP investment is separate from any role or responsibility and is simply skin in the game alongside our full-time General Partners in the investment process.
We're looking forward to meeting you and wish you the best of luck in the recruitment process!
Senior Marketing Operations Manager, Agorapulse
Partnership Manager, BBE Marketing Inc
Partnership Manager, BBE Marketing Inc
Channel Partner Manager, Lead, Shogun
Agency Partnerships Lead, Uscreen