In a world where globally women own only 40% of wealth, we are building Alice to close the wealth gap one woman at a time. Our vision is focused on tailored and jargon-free financial education and intuitive tools to help women achieve their saving and investing goals. We get up every morning with a clear mission - change the world by building long-term wealth for our female users.
Started in the spring of 2020, we just closed our first round of funding with well-known angels (90% female! 💪) and VCs. We will use these resources to deliver the first minimum lovable product, build the foundation of our consumer finance brand and build up our marketing machine.
If you are excited about our mission, building a company with positive societal impact from the early days, and you bring passion for and experience in connecting with people via genuine marketing, this opportunity as our Head of Marketing (w/m/x) is for you 🙌
Diversity and inclusion
At the core, our diversity and inclusion philosophy is simple - we are committed to hiring humans 👥
But to us inclusion does not mean being blind to differences. Instead, it means having full clarity on and embracing how every human is unique. Whatever shape, colour, identification, preferences, disabilities, views, or anything else - each is significant and relevant to make our team, culture, and company richer and stronger.
This is how we will hire humans who will bring a fresh perspective to the existing team. And this is how we will hire humans who have been underrepresented in finance and technology. Because we want to build a company where every and any human has a voice.
Who we are dreaming of
We are dreaming of the right marketing expert to start building and executing our go-to-market strategy 🚀
What you bring
- As a Head of Marketing your opportunity is to build the foundation of a go-to-market strategy. You should have a proven track record in building engaged communities and a talent for creating and distributing content that resonates with the target audience. Simultaneously, ideally, you are well versed in all facets of marketing, from PR and events to performance marketing, to build a holistic strategy and identify biggest levers for growth. Finally, your north star in the way you think about building relationships with our customers is to build trust because no trust = go bust.
- You optimally already bring experience as a senior member of a startup and are familiar with the challenges the early days hold. Alternatively, you bring the right pragmatic entrepreneurial mindset, passion for the company mission, and relevant skills.
- Most importantly, as a human, you are value-driven and a storyteller, who quickly builds strong emotional bonds with those around you. You appreciate the state of uncertainty that comes with early-stage startups and take full responsibility for your work. You are an independent mind and the expression "strong opinions loosely held" is your daily mode.
What you get
- Heart that is beating for our users, connection with our core values and the way we work
- 8+ years experience as a senior marketing contributor in consumer finance, fintech, female oriented products, ideally at early stage
- You think out of the box and "out of the budget," focusing on quick iterations towards highest ROI 🎁
- You take nothing for granted and rather think in testable hypotheses as a basis of your work
- You are in it to work and not to manage or delegate. Meaning, you are hands-on and willing to do whatever work is necessary
- You easily alternate between high-level thinking and low-level doing
- You are comfortable with being in the spotlight and in front of audiences
- You bring a broad understanding of all relevant marketing approaches, from PR and events to performance marketing
- C2 German + Business English.
In the future you will read a list of benefits here so amazing that you will probably want to cry. Maybe it will be fancy catered lunches 🥒 stylish offices 🏡 or monthly coaching 🎓. Who knows.
But the truth is that we are a startup with the first round of funding behind us and we are starting to hire the first inspiring humans for our team. So, the biggest benefit we can offer you at the moment is being part of the team that will set the foundation for this company. Being part of the team that will start closing the wealth gap one woman at a time. And so we will learn, grow, fail, and succeed together.
Until then we promise to pay you an appropriate salary, offer 27 days of vacation, and paid days off to take care of sick family members.
And when the time comes we promise to provide you with the best benefits we can. The details - drinks, snacks, gyms, coaching, and the rest - we will figure out together as soon as possible. Deal? 🤝
No perfect candidate
We strongly encourage you to apply, especially if you think you're not "a perfect candidate." Honestly, perfect candidates don't exist. So, we would much rather hear from you and talk to you to make sure we're a match.
Then together we can figure out how to best support you with further professional growth and development. Because, who takes resumes seriously anyway? ✌️