Ideaz is looking for a full-time highly skilled Industrial Designer to join our team in Connecticut. As an integral team member and project manager of your own projects, you will be directly involved in all aspects of the design process from research to manufacturing transition.
Our informal open studio environment includes a 3D printing room, prototype shop, and many whiteboard walls throughout our office to collaborate in ideation sessions. With windows that open for fresh air, solar panels on the roof, bamboo floors and standing desks – we have a sustainable and safe workplace. We work in many diverse and interesting categories – including medical devices, consumer/CPG, active lifestyle, hardware, and technology products. Our clients range from industry-leading Fortune 100 brands to dynamic start-ups pushing the technology envelope.
Top candidates will have project management experience as they would be accountable for the full life cycle of our projects – from assisting with proposal creation to presenting work directly to clients and walking them through our thought processes. This is a critical aspect of the job. As a designer and project manager, you would be responsible for the schedule, deliverables and your project profitability.
Our ideal team member is a multi-talented creative person who has a unique combination of the following qualities/skill sets/passions/interests (please bring your own as well!):
- 5+ years of Industrial Design experience in CPG or similar
- An empathetic observer and design thinker
- Familiar and comfortable with project management
- Excellent 2D skills – Sketchbook, Photoshop or other
- SolidWorks or CREO expertise and Adobe CS
- Passionate, knowledgeable, and curious about technology, trends, and innovation
- Comfortable and knowledgeable about manufacturing materials and processes
- Keen awareness of usability issues and empathy towards end-user
- Drive, a self-starter and enthusiastic team player
- Enjoys problem-solving and solving complex problems with simple solutions
- Able to visualize and understand the macro and micro of projects easily
- Expressive and clear communicator
- Great interpersonal and team skills
- Embody our core values of Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Excellence
We are a Windows based firm due to having a seamless interface with engineering, clients, and manufacturers. We use Office 365, CREO, SolidWorks, Keyshot, Sketchbook, and Adobe CS. We are very open to new skills and ways of doing things as well – bring your skills and show us how its done!
- Paid vacation
- Paid employee medical
- 401k match
- Share in the company’s success with a performance-based bonus plan!