Purpose of Position
We’re excited to be searching for the next member of our Expert Community team; a talent finder and community developer. You’ll help find and source new talent to join our growing Expert developer community and then help nurture, and engage with, the community to help them reach new levels of success. You are motivated by: helping developers win; building the strongest services community of WordPress developers on the planet; and by helping the talent in the Codeable community to further evolve (both individually and collaboratively).
Skills you’ll need to be successful in this role:
- You’re a dev-centric WordPress advocate and evangelist, with dev relations & community experience / interest.
- You have experience in finding, sourcing and recruiting talent / developers. This could be specific online channels, events, general networking, or anything else that could connect us with developers who may be a good fit for Codeable; we want to discover amazing WordPress dev talent wherever (and whoever) it may be, introduce them to Codeable and the opportunity that Codeable presents, and bring them onto the platform and into the community.
- You’re familiar with application funnels as you’ll be iterating over our current vetting / onboarding process. Specifically, we’re looking to maximise the effectiveness of our current process and ensure we get the best of the best progressing through to becoming an Expert. You’ll be working with other team members on this (so it won’t all be on you).
- You’re capable of further developing an onboarding strategy to help maximise success for newly onboarded Codeable Experts so that they commit to working on the Codeable platform and within the Codeable platform long-term.
- You have experience contributing to .org and have built up respect in the .org community.
- You have a technical background in WordPress and know your way around the codebase.
- You’ve got experience in community management & development, ideally with prior experience from an education & learning / skills development perspective.
- You’re capable of producing high quality content for, and with, our community. You’ll be creating and sharing content in our private Academy learning portal (LMS) which is used to share resources to help experts learn and grow.
- You’re comfortable coordinating with our Opportunity Management (OM) team for new client-facing opportunities. Our OM team is helping new clients find success working on Codeable and will occasionally need your help to find appropriate experts for their unique project requirements.
- You’re ready to contribute generally, as part of the team, to how we further evolve the Expert Success & Community team and Codeable as a whole.
What we offer:
- Competitive pay.
- Work from your home.
- 32 days PTO per year. We encourage you to take the time you need for vacation, staying active and healthy, and spending time with friends and family.
- We default to trust and care about the work you produce, not just the hours you put in.
- We get the whole company together once a year on a team building retreat (currently paused until COVID is over).
- We are very serious about our work, but also don’t take ourselves too seriously and like to have fun.
- We expect you to work well with culturally diverse individuals, since our internal team is from all around the world and our experts and clients span every continent (except Antarctica).
- Being a small team we expect individuals to show initiative and not be afraid to take on new challenges and roles.
- Ability to work alongside some of the nicest, most brilliant WordPress developers in the world, daily.
Location and Hours:
This is a full-time remote position. We’re primarily looking for someone to work in the US time zone (although if you’re a unique fit for this role and you’re not in the US time zone please apply anyway).
- Technical background in WordPress (.org)
- Impeccable written & verbal English language skills (native speaker or native level -> additional languages at communicative levels a plus)
- Experience in finding and sourcing new applicants, as well as managing and developing communities
- Strategic thinker with strong attention to detail
- Team oriented, but self-motivated and autonomous
- Good at-home work set-up (with your own kit and great internet)
- Motivated, self-starter with friendly, positive attitude
- Adaptability to change (comfortable with fast paced, changing environment)
- Compassionate and inclusive, and fully embracing of diversity; mindful towards all peoples and cultures
- Prior remote work experience is a plus, as is experience working as a dev freelancer
- Within the US Time Zone (probably)
How to apply:
If you think you’re a good fit, then please submit your application using the link below!
We won’t be able to respond individually to all applications, but if we feel you’re a strong match, someone will be in touch shortly...
How the selection process operates…..
- All candidates go through an initial resume screening process. Be sure to check for spelling and grammar to help your application stand out.
- We then invite all shortlisted candidates for an online interview with our Head of Support & Expert Community and the Expert Community Management Lead - the goal of this interview is to get to know each other better and talk about your experience with WordPress (and .org) along with your community roles.
- If we find we’re a good fit, we’ll send you a couple of sample WordPress related questions and a couple of community development questions to respond to..
- If we’re happy with the outcome of your work, we’ll invite you to a 2nd interview - the goal of this interview is to discuss your work and give you the opportunity to walk us through your problem-solving process and supply you with another set of questions that will test your prioritization and communication skills.
- After the second interview, we will be reaching out with a job offer to the successful individual.