Position: Industrial Designer
Department: Product Development
Reports To: Senior Designer
Pay Group: Salary Exempt
Shift: Day Shift
The Industrial Designer will be responsible for innovative product design in a cross-functional team environment. They need to be passionate about solving consumer pain points and continuously improving product design.
Essential Job Functions
* Collaborate with cross functional teams to develop new product designs
* Create renderings and drawings based on project design briefs
* Review product samples for accuracy and functionality
* Analyze and troubleshoot product issues
* Prototype and fabricate product samples for customer review
Desired Skills, Abilities, and Qualifications
* Bachelor's degree in Industrial Design or equivalent experience.
* Works with creativity and a sense of urgency to solve problems.
* 3+ years of durable or consumable goods product design
* Experience with fashion bath accessories preferred
* Track record of success in achieving on time and complete projects.
* Excellent communications skills
* Detailed and organized
* Proficient in MS Office programs & Solidworks
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment
* A hands-on approach, comfortable prototyping and working in a workshop
* Ability to receive constructive criticism
* Portfolio/work samples to be submitted upon request
* Understanding of different materials including metals, woods, and plastics