About the team:
VIZIO’s Vision Labs team is seeking an embedded software engineer to join their growing team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on emerging and cutting-edge technology and progress in the future of television and other smart home devices.
What you will do:
- Explore, develop, and demonstrate novel technical solutions to intractable business and product problems
- Develop new inventions from exploration to proof of concept to productization
- Design, develop, code, test, and debug embedded software on VIZIO devices in a variety of project phases, from rapid prototyping to productization.
- Evaluate and analyze third party and open source technology
- Integrate and collaborate with other divisions of VIZIO to bring products to market, including software, QA, product, and analytics.
- You have a BS or graduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- You have 4+ years of related work experience
- You have experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
- You have solid programming experience in C and C++. Python and AWS experience is a plus
- You have a proven experience in embedded systems design with preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems
- You are familiar with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools and peer review
- You have excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces, and hardware subsystems
- You are a self-starter independent thinker that thrives on open problems in a fast-paced environment
- You are a hard-working team player with a “no task is too small” attitude and a willingness to get your hands dirty
- You are a creative problem-solver with good intuition who nonetheless digs into root causes analytically
- You have strong self-management skills and an ability to manage multiple projects and cross-functional stakeholders simultaneously to drive outcomes within often tight deadlines or quick turnaround times
- You possess a high attention to detail. You ask “why” and “how” instead of just “what”
- You love building things! You love the challenge of translating a real-world business problem into highly technical product offerings and seeing it take flight