API Management product engineers enable the vision to drive frictionless development, delivery and consumption of APIs for the developer in support of JPMC global technology vision for operational excellence, modern engineering practices, enabling speed and accelerated development for the business. We build, rollout, operate and support multiple API management gateway infrastructure platforms across many data centers, enabling the firm wide API Strategy, and cater to the needs of multiple lines of business at a global scale.
As an Infrastructure Engineer - Automation, you will be required to design, deliver and maintain, high performance, scaling and resiliency architectures for the API Management infrastructure products, as well as ensuring solutions and integrations to support variety of use case scenarios required by the business are operationally scalable, stable, and secure. You will bring in strong systems engineering skills to automate zero downtime high available API platform infrastructure solution and integrations for our businesses. You will collaborate closely with the product owners, engineering, development and reliability leads in this role, coach junior engineers on the team. Additionally, you will translate proof of concept solutions, into robust product capabilities and execute as part of the globally distributed engineering team. The ideal candidate must be a forward thinker to drive efficiencies, stability and security of the API management product; and be technically savvy, resourceful and be able to handle defining and implementing on any engineering tasks / processes on a day to day basis to lead by example.
Responsibilities for this position include:
* Work closely with Engineering lead to ensure delivery on engineering of stable, scalable, secure, API Management gateway infrastructure and enhancements meet architecture, policy and developer requirements.
* Build world class engineering solutions at parity and/orcompetitive equivalents, of any similar offering in public clouds.
* Packaging and delivery of COTS/Vendor products based infrastructure and enabling effective developer and operator journeys
* Provide product support (level 4) for the Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) API Management infrastructure products in North America timezone.
* Build automation and enable wider team to contribute effectively to automation with strong focus on test driven development, and understanding of ditributed systems & recourse oriented architectures.
* Document designs and communicate effectively
* Mentor junior team members in engineering best practices and enable intutive enforcement of team collaboration in engineering delive
• Minimum 7 years of experience with 3 years of relevant experience in APIGEE API Gateway/IBM API Connect/Kong Enterprise/Mulesoft/AWS API Gateway/Azure API Gateway.
• Troubleshoot and fix the issues related to policy, performance and also knowledge on configuring the Apigee Edge/Kong Enterprise/IBM API Connect components in all environments.
• Experience in design, develop, and configure APIs( Rest and Soap) and policies using API Gateways / Management products.
• Agile development team experience
• Docker / Kubernetes experience
• Understanding of Public Key Infrastructure and certificates. Should be familiar with using certificates for message signing and mutual TLS
• Knowledge on OAuth and its related Configuration and Customization in API Gateway and SAML authorization flows.
• Hands-on experience for REST and SOAP Web Services, JSON and XML
• Experience on Linux based systems, with Strong scripting ability (Bash, Python), Good Knowledge on Cron jobs and Shell scripting.
Additional Skills that will be a plus:
• Linux system administration skills
• Knowledge on LDAP, ADFS, Ping Federate is a plus
• Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, or Chef experience (or any other configuration management system)
• Splunk or ELK implementation experience (identifying KPIs to track, building dashboards, trending of data to improve performance or reliability)
• Understanding of networking concepts - Subnets, load balancing (local and global), and firewalls.
• Altassian product suite - JIRA, Bitbucket, ConfluenceJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans