Locations: Must be able to work from Denver, CO or Dallas, TX area
About the team:
VIZIO’s Vision Labs team is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join their growing team! The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on emerging and cutting-edge technology and progress the future of television and other smart home devices.
What you will do:
- Develop algorithms and solutions to intractable business and product problems.
- Develop technical tools and pipelines that leverage machine learning and big data techniques to cleanse, organize and transform data.
- Push the envelope on consumer-facing smart home products in computer vision, audio processing, and data mining.
- Lead data engineering projects to ensure pipelines are reliable, efficient, testable, and maintainable.
- Design, develop, code, test, and debug software in various project phases from rapid prototyping to productization.
- Integrate and collaborate with other divisions of Vizio to bring products to market, including software, QA, product, and analytics.
- You have a BS or graduate degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience. Engineering, Math or Computer Science preferred.
- You have 4+ years of related work experience.
- You have solid programming experience in Python and SQL (C/C++ or Java is a plus.)
- You have hands-on experience in data engineering and big data processing frameworks such as Spark or Hadoop (AWS experience is a plus.)
- You have knowledge about data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques (familiarity with Machine Learning is also a plus.)
- You are a self-starter, independent thinker that thrives on open problems in a fast-paced environment.
- You are a hard-working team player with a “no task is too small” attitude and a willingness to get your hands dirty.
- You are a creative problem-solver with good intuition who nonetheless digs into root causes analytically.
- You have strong self-management skills and an ability to manage multiple projects and cross-functional stakeholders simultaneously to drive outcomes within often tight deadlines or quick turnaround times.
- You possess high attention to detail. You ask “why” and “how” instead of just “what.”
- You love building things! You love the challenge of translating a real-world business problem into highly technical product offerings and seeing it take flight.