CareerFoundry is building the most human-centric online education experience for career changers in the fields of UX, UI, web development, and data analytics. We’re rated one of the best online bootcamps by CourseReport and are growing in the US and Europe by more than 60% per year.
We’re looking for experienced customer service, customer care or administrative specialists to transition into AfA Student Advisors - the dedicated team that looks after students funded by the German government via the Agentur für Arbeit and JobCenter’s Bildungsgutschein for Weiterbildung scheme.
This is a full-time position with no shift work required. Attendance in our Berlin-based office will be necessary for part of the week (especially during onboarding), with the rest of the week working from home. The role requires advanced skills in both English and German.
Facilitate and process student enrolments to our AfA-compatible courses, adhering to a high level of quality and accuracy, whilst providing a friendly and welcoming environment to students joining CF. During the course, support students in understanding how they can meet their study goals whilst adhering to AfA regulations.
1 - Guide prospective students through CF’s admissions and enrolment processes
- Ensure all steps occur in the correct order and processes fire at the right times
- Ensure students are correctly enrolled and all paperwork is completed to a very high level of accuracy
- Produce high-quality, engaging communication either in response to student queries, or proactively to keep students informed and engaged throughout the enrolment process
- Make suggestions for incremental improvements to these processes, with a focus on student experience
2 - Provide reliable, quick, and high-quality customer support to grow retention and completion rates
- Respond to student enquiries via various channels, including email and phone
- Help students stay engaged in their online learning experience with CF
- Create templates for responding to repeated requests or situations to improve team efficiency
- Identify repeat issues and escalate where appropriate
3 - Plan and execute initiatives to improve the student experience
- In consultation with Team Lead, move relevant customer experience and success metrics by planning data-led projects focusing on various areas of the student experience (e.g. course progress, engagement, community, motivation etc)
- Contribute to cross-team projects involving other subject matter experts, representing the AfA Team’s body of knowledge
- Advanced English and German level (C1), written, spoken and oral - this requirement is non-negotiable given our service delivery model (our courses are in English, and communication with our AfA stakeholders must be in German. The students you will interact with may speak either English or German)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to adapt to the style, tone, and voice of our business
- Proven high level of attention to detail and accuracy in data entry tasks
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders and teams to complete daily operational tasks
- Ability to work well in a team, and ready to jump in and help others where needed
- Experience working in or familiarity with education or online education
- CRM experience considered a big plus
We are a start-up with nationalities from over 20 countries. We live and celebrate diversity and see a good work-life balance as our responsibility.
- Competitive salary and opportunities to grow your skills on the job
- A yearly education budget for each employee to learn new skills
- All the benefits of German health insurance and other social security
- An optional company retirement insurance plan
- Visa sponsorship and relocation support if needed
- Free access to the CareerFoundry courses
- Dog-friendly office and as much coffee (or tea!) as you need
- A nice, bright, and air-conditioned loft office in the middle of Berlin
- A product that has a real positive effect on the world by helping thousands of people change their lives through education
- A lot of autonomy and freedom in making decisions and leading initiatives
CareerFoundry is an equal opportunity employer. It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion.