Bevy is an early stage Startup with a mission to help brands build strong global communities. Founded in April 2017 by the core team behind Startup Grind, Bevy is an enterprise-grade SaaS platform used by companies that include Adobe, Amazon, Asana, Atlassian, Ebay, Epic Games, IDEO, Intuit, MongoDB, Red Bull, Roblox, Salesforce, SAP, Slack and many more. In April 2019, Bevy acquired CMX which is the world’s largest network of community professionals. CMX offers world-class training, events and research.
As a Sr. Software Engineer on the Content & Presentation team you’ll help architect and implement solutions to a number of unique and interesting problems regarding the appearance and content of our client instances. As a white labelled product, Bevy offers a platform that feels at home to each of our client’s communities. However, the challenges of scaling a highly dynamic platform present opportunities for novel engineering solutions and creativity. Using your strong Django and React skills, and a lot of creative problem solving, you’ll work directly on the SaaS platform that has allowed some of the greatest communities around the world to stay connected and grow both online and offline.
- Design & implement software features to enable easy, and where possible, automated customization of the appearance and content of our white labelled instances.
- Work closely with stakeholders to research, develop, test, and ship features using Django and React that will make the Bevy platform experience simpler and more delightful.
- Code review - we’re moving quickly and can’t always arrive at the best solution on our own.
- Analyze production data to monitor feature use and iterate on improvements.
- Writing everything down - Bevy’s engineering team is 100% remote, and we need to make sure our teammates are set up for success as well.
- Learn, learn, learn, share knowledge with your team, and help introduce or improve daily processes.
What we’re looking for:
- You’re a strong Django/REST Framework developer.
- You have experience with distributed computing.
- You have 5+ years of professional experience as a software engineer.
- You’re a creative problem solver that loves to evaluate and understand tradeoffs inherent in system architectures.
- You have a focus on delivering customer value. You think in terms of solving problems, not in terms of writing code. Sometimes, the best solution might not involve writing code at all.
- You love writing things down. Software engineering is a very complex field with a flood of ideas at every turn. It’s often hard to keep track of it all if we don’t write it down.
- You can communicate to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences. The complexity inherent in a dynamic branding and content management system is often very hard to get one’s mind around. Being able to clearly describe solutions to fellow engineers and stakeholders will be an important skill.
We welcome candidates from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and the communities we serve.
We are a small but powerful team, dedicated to achieving our mission to bring more community to the world. Many of us have worked in community positions before and understand the struggles and peaks that come with the role. Our team communicates candidly, giving feedback early and often. We set ambitious goals, and do what it takes to achieve them, while making sure that we take care of our own personal health and mental wellbeing. We will want you to be ready to take on a lot of responsibility with guidance and mentorship along the way.