At Bonfire, we work everyday to unlock the potential of custom apparel. We’ve helped tens of thousands of causes and organizations raise millions of dollars by selling their own custom apparel, and we’re searching for an experienced Engineering Manager to help continue our commitment to excellence.
The Engineering Team builds software that facilitates just about every aspect of buying and selling custom apparel online with our no-inventory campaign-based model. Our UX-heavy modules include our self service merchandise design tool and campaign/store setup flows which dovetail into our highly trafficked campaign pages & checkout flows. We also build for the supply chain & logistics side of our business with portals and services that serve admin, pre-production, design and fulfillment needs.
As an Engineering Manager you’ll report directly to the Director of Engineering and manage our team of senior developers while ensuring that every feature that we ship is made with quality and delivered on time. Our tremendous growth needs a process-driven, systems thinker to help translate our vision into long term success.
Are you ready to join an amazing company doing good in this wonderful world?
- Manage a team of 5-7 engineers, support hiring efforts and the development of team members
- Communicate and work closely with the Product team on speccing tech features
- Assist in debugging and optimizing new and existing code
- Work independently and collaboratively with other software engineers on cross-team projects
- Conduct and contribute to peer code reviews
- Provide mentorship and guidance to less-experienced developers
- Lead performance reviews for your team of engineers
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- 3+ years management experience, ideally with remote teams
- Experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL/MySQL or similar
- Experience with REST based APIs
- Knowledge of managing servers (Linux, nginx, Linux Containers etc.) is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
You’re in good company (with a good company). We offer our team members:
- Competitive compensation
- A positive, engaging culture and dynamic team environment
- The chance to make a real impact on the company’s growth and history
- The ability to help make a difference in thousands of people’s lives
- An environment to grow your skills, learn new technologies, and to challenge yourself (while having fun)