Autonomous Vehicle Motion planning Engineer
WaveSense is radically accelerating the arrival of self-driving vehicles and autonomous features on passenger cars by tackling some of the most challenging problems that stand in the way of safe and reliable navigation.
Every road in the world has a unique subsurface signature. WaveSense uses radar to create a map of those subsurface signatures from which self-driving cars can navigate. Vehicles using WaveSense are unaffected by common but challenging road conditions like snow, heavy rain, fog, or poor lane markings.
WaveSense is working with leading autonomous vehicle and traditional automotive companies, is backed by leading investors, is growing quickly, and is building a talented team that wants to transform the future of mobility and work on some of the hardest and most important engineering problems around. If that sounds like you, please drop us a line.
As an Autonomous Vehicle Motion Planning Engineer, you will contribute to WaveSense's efforts around key algorithmic and engineering decisions for our radar-based map and sensor fusion-based localization algorithms. Your work will involve developing the Autonomous vehicle stack to showcase our Localization solution, focusing on the planning and controls part of the stack.
Who you are + what you'll do
- Contribute to building the Software stack to run our autonomous vehicle.
- Be responsible for our Autonomous Vehicle stack, improving and robustifying the planning and controls modules.
- You’re comfortable thinking about the big picture and the small details. You enjoy understanding the whole system you're working with.
- Rapidly prototype to test and discard hypotheses.
- Enjoy working with small, high output teams in a fast-paced startup environment.
- A “get-it-done” person. You know that done is better than perfect and are energized by constantly delivering and moving things forward.
- Experience with ROS1/ROS2 or AV stacks (Autoware, Apollo, etc.).
- Good understanding of the different AV software pipeline.
- Experience with motion planning and controls as applied to autonomous robots.
- 3 years or more experience working in Autonomous vehicles.
- Fluent in modern C++ and developing within a Linux-based development environment.
- Willing to travel to design, develop, and show unique capabilities and demonstrations.
Nice to have
- PhD or Masters in an autonomous vehicle planning, controls, robotics, or sensor fusion related field or equivalent experience and knowledge.
- Significant experience in implementing motion planners for real robots, under safety, compute, and time constraints.
- Deep knowledge of motion planning with differential constraints, generating dynamically feasible trajectories, and managing interactions with controllers and system dynamics.
- Must be currently eligible to work in the US. Please indicate if you need or will eventually need sponsorship on your application.
Apply via the application form.
Agency calls are not appreciated.