Labforward is a technology start-up developing groundbreaking Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products for laboratories and scientists.
We have three core products: Labfolder - an electronic laboratory notebook that allows scientists to record all their data in one place, Laboperator - a platform to connect and control laboratory devices using IoT technology, and Labregister - the inventory management system of the lab.
Our products are collaborative, easy to use and make scientific data more reliable. We are building the operating system of the lab, connecting data, devices, and researchers. We will never stop innovating to enhance productivity at the bench with technology.
We are looking for a Senior Brand Communication Manager to join our growing startup and increase awareness and recognition of Labforward and its products by managing brand communication by various measures. Ultimately build trust with customers, potential partners, user community, and other stakeholders.
About the role
- Development of brand advertising campaigns to tell the story of our brand and products to potential customers and partners as well to potential team members.
- Launch new brand and communication initiatives to increase public awareness of Labforward
- Coordinate the development of new marketing assets by aggregating and prioritizing requests from the team and in coordination with our design agency
- Manage our brand and marketing assets to ensure high quality and accessibility for team members and external stakeholders
- Brand monitoring - ensure that the identity of Labforward and our products is maintained and built upon both internally and externally
- Shape visual aspects and message of the company and product websites and manage various social media channels including the personal profiles of founders
- Help organise and implement community events, marketing co-operations and brand partnerships
Nice to have:
- At least 4-5 years of professional experience in the field of brand, communications, PR, campaign management, content creation, etc.
- Native level German and fluency in English (both spoken and written)
- Excellent communication, editorial, and interpersonal skills with attention to detail especially regarding visual and text content
- A hands-on mentality that doesn’t shy away from quickly fixing presentations or texts themselves.
- Structured, solution-oriented thinking as well as an affinity for pragmatic actions and decisions
- Strong sense for creating impactful 360° campaigns that transport both our brand and product in a creative and innovative way with an eye for good design and an ear for elegant but humble communication
- Excellent MS Office / Google Apps skills, especially PowerPoint / Google Slides with a good understanding of Adobe PS / ID and similar
- Any kind of design / communication / marketing agency experience
Come join our passionate team and make a difference for science with us!
The position can be filled in Berlin, Karlsruhe, or remotely in Germany with regular travel to Berlin.
Please apply through the links on the career page of our website (applications received via email will not be considered).
In addition to your CV (in English) and portfolio/online profiles, we prefer to work with focused questions rather than a formal cover letter. Even if you don't tick all the boxes, please tell us:
1. How does this job corresponds to your expectations?
2. What would you bring in the team?
3. What do you think of our products?
You can provide as many details as you wish, and do not worry if you may not know enough about our products - we will be happy to elaborate on that during the initial call!
Please, no recruiters!
About the team
We brought together a diverse team of passionate scientists, technologists and entrepreneurs committed to simplifying the life of laboratory teams and helping them in their quest to bring innovations and discoveries to the world.
Diversity makes us stronger. However different you may be, come as you are, be part of the team and help us become better. Our diversity and inclusion policy is based on respect and communication. We value each team member for their strengths and weaknesses and cherish complementarity. A healthy work-life balance is encouraged and supported. Our offices in Berlin and Karlsruhe are both equipped with an elevator to ensure accessibility for everyone.
Why work at Labforward?
Our products matter - the software we create assists scientists in the laboratory, making their job easier and clearing the path for groundbreaking discoveries.
Our employees matter - Labforward offers the unique opportunity to grow into your role and shape it how you see fit, with flexible hours and remote working policies, a yearly budget for learning, a company pension plan and many more! For a detailed list please visit our career site.
Our culture matters - we are a small and international company: our team is supportive, agile and inclusive, we often run staff social events to strengthen the team dynamic.
Our mission matters - working at a startup means that you will contribute to exciting and innovative projects that are changing the laboratory environment for the better.