Hi there! We are Autoplenum.
We are looking for a highly experienced senior backend developer who loves Ruby and Rails to join our team in Berlin.
Who we are
Development of web platforms for car enthusiasts is our core business. Our websites provide our users with over 1.5 million used and new car offers, as well as extensive technical data and high-quality editorial content on automotive topics.
We are day-to-day working on a number of interesting engineering problems, including ingestion of large data sets, high-volume traffic sites, big data and machine learning to name a few - with many more to come.
In this role with us you will support our team in developing and improving our Ruby on Rails-based platforms Autoplenum.de, 12gebrauchtwagen.de and 12neuwagen.de, all of which are household names in the German Car industry, used by millions of users monthly to find the information and cars they need.
We value ideas and initiative - we have much to do and want your input and ideas. You will be given much freedom and responsibility in our small and engaged team, and work directly with our CTO.
What we offer - the concrete
- Permanent position in Berlin with an attractive salary
- 30 days vacation per year.
- Conference visits.
- Choose your own hardware.
- Flexible hours. We get shit done. We do not care much when we do it.
- Home office options. We cherish the flexibility of home office.
- Free hot & cold beverages and after-work beers in the office.
- Trips to our business HQ in beautiful Munich if you want to.
- Relocation & bureaucracy assistance, should you need it.
- We are a strong and profitable company. This allows us more time to develop things right than other Berlin startups "chasing the next investment"
- Your success is our success. We take your career seriously and want to help you develop your skills towards your goals.
- You will be part of a small team with lots of room for ideas, freedom and responsibility. You will work with, code alongside, and report directly to our CTO.
- You will get insight into our business strategy and the chance to shape Autoplenum with your ideas.
- Be part of the team managing our Backend and web platforms.
- Work closely together with our CTO and the rest of our teams on improving all parts of our product.
- Be a key factor in choosing the tools and technologies we use.
- Keeping technical debt down is a high priority for us. We are currently cleaning house and want your help with this.
- Develop and test new features together with our colleagues.
- Ensure that our Autoplenum platforms runs quickly and reliably, even under heavy load.
Extra skills we would love
- Ruby & Rails
What we expect you to bring with you
- AWS ecosystem
- CI / CD
Get in touch
- Many years of experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent knowledge of MVC architectures.
- An open and positive work attitude
- Clear communication skills.
- An understanding that testing and CI are core to developing.
- Fluent in Ruby, and very interested in how to best structure code.
- Experience in structuring and dealing with relational databases.
- Fluent English speaker. German skills a plus.
- Eager to learn new things, and a desire to apply yourself to your work.
Does the above sound like you? Do you have questions?
We would love to hear from you!
Apply directly or ask any questions by writing us at [email protected]