45RPM is looking to hire a Frontend Developer to join our growing team! We are a Digital Marketing Agency based in Washington, DC and Mexico City. We are a do-it-all agency, with a team of front-end and back-end developers, copywriters, designers, and project managers.
- 4+ years experience successfully delivering web projects within a digital agency
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Expert at writing modular CSS
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, Yarn, etc.
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and GraphQL
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git.
- Experience with React.js frameworks like Gatsby or Next.js is a plus
- Experience with TailwindCSS and Styled Components is a plus
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
We’re Looking For Someone Who:
- Is curious and asks questions
- Loves design & technology and understands its value
- Has strong English and Spanish communication skills
- Has a strong passion to learn and develop their skill-set
- Prides themselves on an exacting attention to detail
- Is an excellent communicator
- Is focused with a positive outlook
- Has a strong sense of humour
- Leads by example; with respect, empathy and precise attention to detail
What You’ll Be Doing
- Development of websites and web applications on multiple projects of varying size
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js
- Collaborate with the project team to develop project plans and project estimates
- Collaborate with the project manager to ensure projects are meeting project plan and timeline
- Collaborate with the QA analyst to develop testing use-cases and testing strategies
- Collaborate with the QA analyst to assess, test, and fix QA issues
What We Offer
- A small, fun, and dynamic office space filled with enthusiastic young professionals — music is always playing!
- Metro-accessible office, close to great food and drink
- Relaxed dress code (with the exception of client meetings)
- Fully-stocked kitchen
- Healthcare and generous vacation policy
At 45RPM, we like to think of ourselves as a team of misfits. We’re no drama, and a little weird. But more importantly, we are uncompromising in our commitment to provide the best possible service to our clients, and need people ready to honor that. Our work is demanding, but when you love the people you’re doing it for (and with) - it’s incredibly fulfilling.