Term: 12 month position, with possible extension
Reports to: Product Lead, La Alianza
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Remote (within United States)
Start Date: Open until filled
What You’ll Do
The Marketing Lead will be responsible for full execution of brand, content and CRM strategies for NDWA Lab’s breakthrough digital media product, the La Alianza chatbot. We are looking for an experienced and creative marketing professional with a strong track record in growth and engagement, as well as the skills and willingness to hold direct responsibility for quality assurance and platform management.
La Alianza currently has more than 200K reachable domestic worker subscribers and we plan to grow this base to at least 300K in 2021, with a focus on targeted cities and regions of the U.S. This Messenger chatbot is associated with a digital news website publishing weekly original reporting for domestic workers and this role includes serving as Editor in Chief and ensuring we meet the standards for registration with Facebook's News Page Index. Currently, all content is in Spanish.
You will explore new tactics and channels and should be ready to experiment, test, analyze, iterate and scale, as well as document processes and strategies. You will supervise one new FTE Content Marketing Manager, as well as our freelance reporters. Your immediate colleagues will include an Economist in Residence who leads research via the chatbot and a Benefits Manager/Digital Organizer who will carry out user research, create content and source/test benefits and resources offered via the chatbot. We will also have support from other teams including Engineering.
Skills and Experience We’re After
- Fully fluent writer and speaker of Spanish required; bilingual/native speaker preferred
- Demonstrated success in digital marketing, brand strategy and content marketing
- Strong analytical skills to measure and evaluate campaign effectiveness and ROI; and ensure quality UI and accurate data collection via our technical platforms
- Experience with Facebook Business Manager/Analytics, Chatfuel, Google Analytics, Wordpress
- A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and proven success delivering measurable marketing results
- Ability to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables as part of a fast-paced, remote team
- A strong commitment to NDWA Labs/NDWA mission and vision
Nice to Have
- Experience with lean and agile methodologies and/or with small, early-stage teams
- Connection to the experiences of domestic workers and Spanish-speaking immigrant communities
- Experience working in unions, workers’ rights, and/or social justice
We Can Offer
- This is a position with a one-year term with the possibility of conversion into a permanent position
- The annual salary range for this position is $80,000 - 110,000, dependent on experience.
- Full and generous health, dental, vision and paid time off benefit coverage included for employee and immediate family members.
- Unfortunately we are not able to offer VISA sponsorship for this position at this time.
NDWA Labs is the innovation arm of the National Domestic Workers Alliance
, one of the country’s leading progressive social movement organizations. At NDWA Labs, we’re building products that transform domestic work jobs into good jobs by bringing respect, living wages, and benefits to an invisible, undervalued, and vulnerable part of the economy. Rather than optimizing within the status quo, NDWA Labs leverages tech to disrupt power and fundamentally change the ways in which work is organized and paid, for the millions of women and immigrants in the domestic work industry.
Our first product, Alia Benefits
, helps workers set up a safety net that stays with them, even if they switch jobs. In 2020 we partnered with Google.org to take Alia a step further to directly help those most impacted by COVID-19. Our La Alianza chatbot
is a groundbreaking research
tool, paving the way for inclusive economic indicators, as well as a popular media offering and promising benefits distribution tool.
This is a unique opportunity to leverage technology for good and create meaningful and lasting change in the lives of some of the most vulnerable workers in the country, many of whom are immigrant women of color. Due to the COVID crisis, there is a surge of interest in models that expand the safety net to ensure a fair future of work
for everyone. You will be a leader within a team that reinvents and expands the safety net to millions of workers who have never had access to one.
Women, People of Color, People with Disabilities and LGBTQ people strongly urged to apply. Applications will only be accepted electronically. Please submit a resume and cover letter here: https://domesticworkers.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=145
This position will remain open until filled.