Reports to: Director of Engineering
FLSA Status: Exempt
Start Date: Immediate
What you’ll do:
We are looking for Data engineers with hands-on experience in deploying, scaling (incl. autoscaling), and maintaining Data Warehouses and data pipelines; with a software engineering background within autonomous, cross-functional delivery teams. You should be able to design, create, test and deploy an infrastructure that is deployable on-demand, replicable, maintainable, secure, and monitorable.
You will explore up-and-coming technologies, and be expected to experiment, test, learn and teach them to others, as well as document processes and strategies.
We are looking for someone to come help us improve, and build upon, our current data pipelines and analytics as we grow. As an example, we currently conduct weekly surveys of domestic workers using a Messenger Chatbot; some recent findings and visualizations can be found here
. Currently, chatbot interactions are collected via Chatfuel and then analyzed in Stata. We are looking to streamline our data, create a data lake, and extend our capabilities to visualize, analyze, and report on the data.
Skills and experience we’re after:
- Extensive experience with SQL
- Experience with a programming language such as Python or Go (we use Python);
- Experience with Git (Github), Jira, Confluence
- Experience in building complex ETL pipelines
- Experience in a cloud infrastructure environment such as GCP or AWS
- Experience with Data Warehousing technologies such as Redshift
- Experience with Data Analytics
- Being comfortable working with a variety of third party APIs and developer tools
- Strong engineering background with an interest in data and BI
Nice to have:
- Experience with BigQuery, Airflow, Dataflow
- Experience with Data Studio
- Experience with EveryAction
We currently use, but aren’t wedded to:
- AWS (IAM, ElasticBeanstalk, RDS, S3, CW, and much more)
- Django, Python3
- GCP and Data Studio
We can offer:
- Salary Range: $90k-120K, depending on experience
- Full and generous health, dental, vision and paid time off benefits
- Location - Remote; US preferred
NDWA Labs is the innovation arm of the National Domestic Workers Alliance
, one of the country’s leading progressive social movement organizations. At NDWA Labs, we’re building products that transform domestic work jobs into good jobs by bringing respect, living wages, and benefits to an invisible, undervalued, and vulnerable part of the economy. Rather than optimizing within the status quo, NDWA Labs leverages tech to disrupt power and fundamentally change the ways in which work is organized and paid, for the millions of women and immigrants in the domestic work industry. Our first product, Alia Benefits
, helps workers set up a safety net that stays with them, even if they switch jobs. In the current moment, we have partnered with Google.org to take Alia a step further to directly help those most impacted by COVID-19. Our La Alianza chatbot
is a groundbreaking research
tool, paving the way for inclusive economic indicators, as well as a popular media offering and promising benefits distribution tool.
This is a unique opportunity to leverage technology for good and create meaningful and lasting change in the lives of some of the most vulnerable workers in the country, many of whom are immigrant women of color. Due to the COVID crisis, there is a surge of interest in models that expand the safety net to ensure a fair future of work
for everyone. You will be leading a team that reinvents and expands the safety net to millions of workers who have never had access to one.
Women, People of Color, People with Disabilities and LGBTQ people strongly urged to apply. Applications will only be accepted electronically. Please submit a resume and cover letter using this link. This position will remain open until filled.