Chapman and Cutler LLP seeks a Software Engineer to join our Practice Innovations team. The Software Engineer will work on the Chapman Practice Innovations (CPI) team to deliver cutting-edge technology solutions to develop new applications (and improve existing ones) that help automate legal tasks, provide business intelligence and enhance business workflow. As part of the CPI team, the Software Engineer will work with attorneys, clients and internal Firm departments to develop solutions promoting attorney productivity, transaction efficiency and client service. This position will report to the Chief Innovation Officer.
The day-to-day responsibilities of the Software Engineer will include:
- Full-stack application development
- Works with requirements and stakeholders to design and prototype web-based tools and platforms
- Designs, develops and manages well-tested code
- Improves overall code quality across all our applications, and suggests, promotes and documents architectural and environment recommendations
- Extends and integrates internal and third-party systems with web services and API connections
- Works with analysts, attorneys and clients to understand and respond to internal and external stakeholder needs
- Troubleshoots issues and resolves as appropriate – i.e., software bugs, user errors, etc.
- Continuously looks for ways to improve our solutions from the end user experience
· Bachelor’s degree
· Experience: 2-4 years of experience with full-stack development, including proficiency with the following:
- HTML, CSS, SASS, Bootstrap
- SQL and NoSQL databases
- XML, JSON, YAML, and other data exchange formats
- RESTful APIs
- Exposure to or experience with Python
- Exposure to or experience with machine learning and natural language processing
· Self-starter, willing to learn new languages, frameworks and overall technologies
· Pragmatic approach to working within confines of various enterprise systems and finding cross-system solutions
· Knowledge of cross-browser compatibility and how different browsers interact with our systems
· Appreciation of conceptual and intellectual challenges, exploring advances in technology to solve problems
· Good sense of UI/UX, aiming for an optimal end-user experience
· Familiarity with evaluation, selection and implementation of third-party software
· Ability to receive and administer constructive feedback and apply lessons learned to future projects
Applicants should submit a resume as well as a cover letter outlining your interest in the position and why it is a good fit for you. All applicants will be considered; however, the hiring decision will be made based on qualifications for the position.
Chapman and Cutler LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO.