Parity Technologies builds core infrastructure for blockchains and the future Web—one that respects the freedom and data of individuals—and helps empower developers to create better services through decentralized technologies.
Our current efforts focused mainly on content to onboard and educate new Rust and Core developers. That’s why we seek to hire a technical writer who is able to boost the developer experience of new and existing Rust developers in the ecosystem. You will be part of our growing Engineering team helping organize and write Polkadot and Substrate documentation.
Have a look at our current documentation to see what you’ll be working with:
Polkadot wiki: https://wiki.polkadot.network/docs/en/getting-started
Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating high level documentation directly in cooperation with developers and academics which will be used as a guideline for future development
- Asking the right questions so that documentation has an understandable and uninterrupted flow
- Building on top of documents like Polkadot Builder guide and writing down the actual functionality with accompanying graphics
- Great technical writing skills
- Ability to make complicated subjects easy to understand
- Experience in working with or supporting a developer community
- Experience building a great developer experience, be it in documentation or tutorials
- Ability to work autonomously, be proactive, prioritize, communicate, and function in a distributed team
- Passionate about bringing the Web 3 vision of a decentralized web to the world [https://web3.foundation/]
- Former involvement in Open Source Projects
- Knowledge in a wide variety of blockchain technologies
- Basic graphic design skills
- Competitive salaries and benefits
- Working at Parity means focusing on stuff that matters: building cutting-edge technology for a better and more decentralized internet. Our teams enjoy a high degree of freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal
- Because we value initiative and learning, all employees have a generous personal budget to attend conferences or other learning tools of your own choosing. We think you know what's best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries and we will support you with German language courses and relocation where needed (and desired)
- We have a remote-friendly company setup
- Bringing the team together is something we value a lot and we have regular company retreats (or will have, pending the Covid pandemic)
Not a perfect match to our requirements? We're happy to receive your application anyways and hear how you think you can help us achieve our mission.