Are you excited about working for a technology company that is securing the web? Are you looking for full-time, flexible hours* working remotely from anywhere in the UK, Canada, United States, Australia, or New Zealand? If so, this may be your dream job!
*Required core hours of 10am - 1pm Pacific Time
We must be able to trust that you can grab a bug, do a great job of implementing the required code and do it in a way that is scalable, secure, bug free and maintainable. Our release tempo is frequent, and we put a premium on our team being able to produce well engineered software. We're not a bureaucracy. The code you write will be deployed in short order on over 3 million websites and we need to ensure that our team continues to provide the high standard of engineering our customers have become accustomed to.
The specific skills we require for this position are:
- Significant development experience with PHP. You've written code that is not only secure but scales to a large number of users. Experience with Laravel is a strong plus.
- Production experience with MySQL. You've designed database schemas with an emphasis on scalability and performance.
- Experience working with large amounts of frequently updated data, and designing efficient schemas, is a plus.
- Experience with Apache, NGINX, HAProxy, and/or OpenResty. You've built apps on a LAMP/LEMP stack.
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and JS. Vue.js and/or Node.js experience is a strong plus.
- Working knowledge of Git and GitHub. You've collaborated with other developers on a project on GitHub.
- Experience using Linux systems. You're comfortable using the command line to troubleshoot issues on a server.
- Experience with AWS. You've built apps that run and scale in AWS.
- Understanding of common web vulnerabilities. You're able to identify vulnerabilities through code reviews.
- Experience with WordPress. You've written custom code that utilizes the WordPress API.
- A keen interest in infosec. Credentials like Security+, CISSP or other is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of other languages a strong plus.
All positions require a trial period of approximately 2-3 weeks with a minimum commitment of 10 hours per week. You will be paid for this short-term contract, and it will be used to evaluate whether both parties want to pursue an ongoing, regular employment relationship.
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a background check. The results of the background check are considered as they relate to the position and do not automatically disqualify someone from a offer of employment with the company.
- Full time telecommuting and flexible working hours, with a company that has been 100% remote for over 8 years.
- 100% employee premium and 50% of dependent premium paid by company for premier- level medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 21 days PTO per year to start.
- 12 paid company holidays including the week from December 25 to January 1.
- 401(k) with a 4% Safe Harbor company match that is 100% vested immediately.
- Latest in laptop and workstation technology.
- Wellness reimbursement program for health and fitness purchases.
- Mobile phone and internet reimbursement up to $100 per month.
- Monthly beverage reimbursement for coffee, tea, water, etc.
- Paid training and study time for work-related training and certifications.
- College tuition reimbursement.
Diversity at Defiant
We value diversity and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, political ideology, economic status, parental status, or any other non-performance-related status.