Are you looking for an opportunity to help make an impact in the energy world?
Transform today’s grids to take advantage of IoT architectures and enable tomorrow’s innovations?
Help create the energy infrastructure of tomorrow by incorporating and managing power creation and distribution with open and green technologies?
Open Energy Solutions, Inc. is a start-up utility services and software development company that is enabling utilities and utility vendors to push execution to the edge of their grid infrastructure, through the development and implementation of distributed technologies and intelligence.
- Collaborate with both internal and external client Engineering and Operations teams to analyze current technologies and implement the following: automation of deployments and integration of Information Technology (IT) and Operational Technology (OT) systems/infrastructure
- Establish, maintain, and evolve concepts in continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) pipelines for existing and new services across multiple environments.
- Identify systems that can benefit from automation, monitoring, and infrastructure-as-code; as well as development, management and scaling of products and services accordingly.
- Brainstorm new products, updates and solutions to continuously challenge and improve products, performance, system/data backup, security and customer experience.
- Remain up-to-date on industry trends, share knowledge among teams and abide by industry best practices for configuration management, deployment, and automation.
- Find root causes and solutions to complex issues from interacting networked software running on Linux. Strace, perf, and wireshark are good friends of yours.
- Write clean, stable, and safe integration scripts and code as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems, or related field
- Minimum of 4 years professional experience in operations and reliability engineering of embedded Linux systems, systems engineering, and systems administration in mixed network and OS environments.
- Professional experience with both on-premise and cloud services, architectures, and deployments.
- Professional experience deploying microservice architecture, applications, and supporting services.
- Experience setting up, utilizing, and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Strong experience with containers and cloud orchestration; experience with Kubernetes preferred.
- Experience in the utility, utility vendor, or power engineering domains is a plus.
- Strong understanding of networks, embedded Linux, and container and network security.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work with internal and client software engineers, IT engineers, operational technology engineers, program and project managers.
- Experience performing client and public presentations is a plus.
Some travel will be required.