About the role
In the Full Stack Developer role, you’ll be responsible for building cutting edge, data analytics-driven software that empowers financial Advisors, engages 401(k) participants and facilitates better retirement outcomes. By joining our team you will become part of a tight-knit group that is hungry, full of knowledge to share and driven to succeed. As a team player you will adjust quickly and your depth of experience will provide insight that will help spearhead the evolution of our system architecture. This is a fully remote position that allows you to work from home.
- Build cutting edge web applications and gamified websites
- Drive innovation by coming up with new and exciting ideas to creatively solve issues
- Mentor new Developers to help them learn and grow
- Construct raw SQL queries and update scripts necessary to help troubleshoot and correct problems as they arise
- Proactively look for opportunities to improve the design, interface, and backend of the iJoin platform
- Work with the product team and others to create user-friendly solutions to often complex business problems.
Technologies we use today
We mostly use node.js and AngularJS, storing data in MySQL (soon moving to PostgreSQL). We make extensive use of AWS, including EC2/VPC/ELB/AutoScaling/S3/SQS/RDS/ElasticCache/Cloudfront/etc.
We also use vagrant, puppet, and terraform to manage and configure production, development and staging environments.
Skills and attributes needed
- Creative problem solver that loves big technical challenges
- Ability to mentor and grow with younger and/or new developers
- Can-do attitude with a focus on shipping code
- An eye for knowing when to refactor
- Willingness to multi-task - this is a fast paced environment with the potential for shifting priorities
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills; ability to work well as an individual and within a team
- Mac proficient
Experience and education
- Minimum of 3+ years experience with HTML5, CSS3, DOM scripting, and jQuery
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a similar field preferred
- Experience in the retirement industry and/or with recordkeeping platforms (Relius, Omni, SRT) and Advisor-facing portals is a HUGE plus.
- Competitive salary
- Participate in the company 401(k) plan that features an annual Employer contribution
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance coverage
- Ability to help shape the team and future of a young, up-and-coming company
- Fun environment where you can make an impact
- Work from home - this position is completely remote