Vinted is Europe’s biggest preloved fashion marketplace, with 37 million members in 13 countries. Our mission is green: we want to make second-hand the first choice globally.
A team of over 600 people across Vinted’s offices in Vilnius, Berlin, Utrecht and Prague develop and support our platform. We share a unique work culture that’s based on aiming high, taking ownership, co-creating, caring, and growth.
We're looking for a full-time Senior Android Software Engineer to strengthen the Utrecht office for our newly-boosted team. From our office in Utrecht, we’re exploring opportunities for our expansion plans within Europe and beyond. You’ll be developing new features for our members all the way from concept to roll-out. You know how to create the best user experience and ensure our app’s quality and stability. You’ll proactively participate in our product squad and work together with a product owner, product analyst, product designer, three front-end and two backend engineers.
In this position, you’ll:
- Work as a team to continuously improve our Android app and make our members’ lives better. During our bi-weekly sprint planning we prioritize our endless options
- You provide precise estimates on the amount of the different options prepared by the product manager and the designs prepared by the designer and eventually turn them into working code
- You submit production builds at least once a week
- You’re responsible for the stability of our Android app. This means a crash free rate of > 99.5%.
- You use tools like Crashlytics and Google Firebase to monitor the stability
- You make sure that the amount of technical debt is kept at acceptable levels, you speak up when you think we should do refactors
- Apply Agile and Lean principles in your work
- Collaborate with other developers through GitHub pull requests and code reviews
- 3-5 years of experience in Android development
- Willing to learn and master new technologies and concepts
- Risk taker - ship fast - fix even faster
- Motivated by commercial challenge and creating better user experiences
- You have experience with our tool stack including: Kotlin, Java, Dagger, MVP, MVVM & GraphQL Good to have: Apollo Android, Espresso, RxJava
- As senior Android developer you work with different code-quality-levels
- Pre: you worked in an environment with autonomous product teams and A/B testing before, preferably in a start- or scale-up environment
- Opportunity to join our stock options programme
- Learning budget (10% from gross yearly salary)
- 25 working days of holiday
- Monthly team-building events
- Remote workout classes
- A personal budget for shopping on Vinted
If this sounds interesting – you may well be just who we need. If you’re interested, contact us and we will be in touch with you.