ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a Product Manager to play a key role on the Digital Products team at TED, focused specifically on building out, and iterating upon, TED’s conference technology.
TED conferences are global events that showcase research and ideas from all disciplines. Conference programs are designed for attendees and speakers from vastly different fields to connect and draw inspiration from unlikely places. You’ll be involved in building the tools that help create the magic of TED.
- Collaborate with other product managers, designers, and engineers to scope and implement solutions for TED’s in-person and virtual conference communities
- Define product vision through problem/opportunity definition, business goals, market and user research, and stakeholder management
- Partner with TED’s internal stakeholders and subject-matter experts to set priorities, orchestrate product development schedule/roadmap, and manage and communicate prioritization
- Coordinate all aspects of product delivery, including: release planning, change/dependency management, user acceptance testing, go-to-market/rollout operations, and product marketing
- Communicate updates and outcomes regularly to senior leadership across the organization
- Contribute to the broader culture and progress of the Digital Products team, and TED overall (e.g., through Employee Resource Groups, Hack Weeks, and team summits)
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- 2-5 years of product management experience
- Proficient with the product development lifecycle and tools of the trade (discovery, user research, requirements gathering, prioritization, usability testing, data analysis, QA, etc.)
- Can generally understand impact vs. effort required for projects and are capable of discussing requirements and tradeoffs with engineers
- Have partnered with designers to develop exceptional user experiences that have had successful business outcomes
- Love tackling complex problems in ambiguous environments and have the grit and creativity to get to a great solution
- Comfortable assuming multiple roles, keeping pace with shifting priorities, and maintaining your own work queue
- Detail-oriented, adaptable, and curious, with an ability to gather information by clearly articulating questions and escalating for help, when needed
- Preferred: Experience with SaaS products, data integration, and/or service design
- Your current location is flexible, but you’ll need to work U.S. east coast hours. Once it is safe, you can be based out of, or at least need to periodically travel to, TED’s Manhattan office.
WHY WORK FOR US
TED is a global community, welcoming people from every discipline and culture who seek a deeper understanding of the world. We believe passionately in the power of ideas to change attitudes, lives and, ultimately, the world. TED began in 1984 as a conference where Technology, Entertainment and Design converged, and today covers almost all topics — from science to business to global issues — in more than 100 languages. Everything we do is driven by this goal: How can we best spread great ideas?
In addition to driving forward TED’s mission and joining our dynamic Digital Products team, we’re proud to provide strong employee benefits, including:
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, vision) 100% paid by TED for employees
- Work-life balance encouraged (TED closes for a 2-week summer break and 1-week winter break plus you're eligible for additional paid time off)
- Free OneMedical and SpringHealth membership for you and your dependents to address physical and mental well-being
- Paid family leave
- 401(k) with match