TED creates, produces and distributes audio and video media (most famously TED Talks) to millions of people around the world. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the development of mobile apps and their accompanying backend systems which deliver TED content to a diverse landscape of people using myriad devices. You will work directly with designers, developers and product owners to take new features and products from conception to production.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- 4+ years of professional experience in software development.
- Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS and other web front-end technologies.
- Experience with React, Ruby on Rails, MySQL, git, version control best practices, and the Unix command line.
- It’s a plus to have experience with React Native, native iOS and Android development, AWS and/or Firebase, and video streaming technologies
- An insatiable curiosity for technology, software and IoT.
- Must be a self-starter who will stop at nothing to clear blockers and ship products.
- Must be a ferocious debugger who is unfazed by complex toolchains, immature SDKs and emerging technologies.
- Values cross-functional collaboration
- Values a diverse workplace
- Develop the apps that stream TED’s media to millions of users
- Develop conference technology apps that facilitate first-class conference experiences both in-person and remotely
- Develop and maintain the backend systems that support the apps, with an eye towards performance and scale.
- Experiment with new technologies and share discoveries with the team
- Foster growth and support other engineers through constructive, collaborative code reviews
- Clearly communicate technical constraints and opportunities with stakeholders
- Willingness to contribute however possible to ensure overall effectiveness of position
- Other duties and special projects as may be assigned from time to time
- Travel: Upon request / as needed
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, vision) 100% paid by TED for employees
- Paid family leave
- Work-life balance encouraged (TED closes for a 2-week summer break and 1-week winter break plus you're eligible for additional paid time off)
- Free OneMedical and SpringHealth membership for you and your dependents to address physical and mental well-being
- 401k with match