Constructive, a leading social impact design firm that helps advance social, environmental, and economic justice, is looking to add a Senior Interactive Designer to our team who has exceptional design skills and an insatiable hunger to create astonishing digital experiences.
Senior Designers at Constructive are brand builders who work both independently and in close collaboration with our strategists, UX designers, developers, and our company’s Founder to create large-scale, content-rich digital products for leading nonprofits, foundations, and educational institutions.
If you’re a strategic, creative thinker with a leadership mindset and an exceptional portfolio of large-scale websites for social impact brands, then we’d love to hear from you. If you also bring expertise in developing logos and visual identities, even better! And if you want to be part of a collaborative team that’s committed to greatness and you have a passion to make a meaningful difference on issues like climate change, education, and social justice, then we think you’ll love working at Constructive.
Sound exciting?! Then please read on to see if the kind of person we’re looking to add to our team sounds like you and learn more about what we have to offer.
THINGS WE'LL NEED YOU TO DO REALLY WELL
• Design work that sets the standard for excellence among our peers and clients.
• Perform design research and collaborate with strategists to define design and digital strategies.
• Create concept/brand boards that help others understand your vision and that facilitate design discussions before design begins.
• Lead design workshops and discussions, articulating your thinking so that others can understand, appreciate, and respond to your ideas.
• Translate brand and strategic priorities into an extendable visual brand language.
• Combine emotional and rational thinking to create resonant brand experiences that are both beautiful and useful.
• Know your typography, color theory, grids, and other design fundamentals—and be detail-oriented about the fine points of all of them.
• Excel at designing large, complex, and content-heavy responsive digital experiences. (Check out our work to see what we mean).
• Work cross-functionally with strategists, content developers, developers, and project managers to achieve shared goals with our clients.
• Understand how websites are built, creating flexible, scalable design systems that developers love to work with.
• Be organized and process-minded so that it’s easy for others on our team to collaborate with you.
• Lead presentations to sell your vision and thinking, both internally and with clients—taking feedback in stride to achieve specific results.
• Be extremely collaborative and eager to get feedback you can run with.
• Oversee execution of your work and ensure exceptional quality, whether it’s junior designers extending it or developers building it.
OUR MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION
• 5+ years experience working in a design firm as an interactive designer
• Amazing work. We don’t care where you went to school, we just need your work to astonish.
• Complete fluency with Sketch & Creative Suite
• Experience with UX/Information Architecture a plus
• Logo and identity design a plus
• A positive attitude and, ideally, a sense of humor
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We believe strongly that diversity is one of our greatest strengths—that the more perspectives we bring to the mix, the better we are as people and the better partner we are for our clients. So, in considering if Constructive is a good fit for you, know that all we care about is that you’re qualified to do the job, share most or all of our values, and want to be here. These are the things we’ll be evaluating for every applicant—and if you meet those and add to our diversity, all the better!
WHAT WE OFFER
Constructive is built on a strong, values-driven culture and we make sure that our employees are well taken care of with a combination of strong salary and financial upside via profit sharing and bonuses, solid benefits, professional growth, and time off to ensure work-life balance. As an agency dedicated to social impact work, the personal rewards of doing this work are also a meaningful part of what staff get when joining our team. In addition to a base salary of between $80K-$90K based on relevant experience, skills, and values alignment, all employees receive the following compensation and benefits:
• 401K plan with company match (up to 4%)
• Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
• Approx 3 weeks vacation to start (2 weeks + Christmas Eve - New Year’s)
• +1 additional vacation day per year (up to 5 additional)
• 1/2-day Summer Fridays (Approx 16)
• Flexible work schedules
• 1 week paid personal/sick days
• "ConstructBucks," a continuous Employee-Driven micro-bonus program
• Annual performance-based bonus pool
• Annual professional development stipend
• New client bonus (2.5% of the first year of business opportunities you generate through your network)
• The feeling of satisfaction knowing that you help make the world a better place