DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies is recruiting for a User Experience Manager to be based at any of the J&J Medical Device locations in US.
This role can be based at any of the Medical Device locations but not limited to West Chester, PA, Cincinnati OH, Somerville, NJ, Warsaw, IN, San Angelo, TX, Redwood City CA, Irvine, CA, Palm Beach gardens, Florida, Raynham, MA, Atlanta GA.
Open to having this person work 100% remote and visiting sites within their 20% travel requirement.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are crafted to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
Our focus and commitment is on changing the trajectory of healthcare through outstanding human-center design. Through our human-centered design philosophy, we partner directly with patients, caregivers, and HCP’s across the complete episode of care to identify areas of optimization along the care pathway. Through research driven insights we then collaborate to design ground-breaking, innovation solutions that improve the quality of life for our patients and healthcare providers to change the trajectory of healthcare.
- This position will require various strengths consisting of usability champion, research-driven innovator, classic Industrial/UX Designer, brand ambassador and strategic design leader.
- Your strategic approach to design will define and guide teams through problem identification, future vision setting and new business model framing.
- Your honed technical expertise in design will be demonstrated to shepherd design teams in elevating their technical execution.
- You will partner directly with Design, R&D and Marketing Leadership to define innovation pipelines and conceptualize innovative ways to advance surgical care.
- You approach design from a systems level perspective; creating design strategies that marry digital assets, capital equipment and instruments into a harmonized single user experience
Success Measures for this position:
- Proven success in spearheading the use of human-centered design methodologies to identify and ideate new opportunity spaces for the business
- Experience working with global cross-functional colleagues to define key project objectives with the proven ability to build allies and evangelize best in class design practices
- Ability to collaborate across business units to seek opportunities to graft technologies and or harmonize design assets (physical and digital)
- Shepherd design teams to deliver best in class system level thinking from project scoping through design for manufacturing
- Proven ability to translate overall business and design strategy into tactile project objectives and obtainable success matrix
- Demonstrates strong people and program management skills in parallel with the ability to craft strong design strategy.
- Responsible for influencing a human-centric business culture across the J&J organization and guide teams to create innovative ways to design solutions.
- A BS/BA in Industrial Design, Human Factors, UX or related degree with a minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience is required.
- At least 3 years of experience managing direct reports; defining workplans, review cycles, career planning, etc
- Minimum of 12 years relevant experience is highly preferred
- Keen empathic design approach to uncovering users emotional, physical, and psychological drivers to build product adoption
- Experience participating in activities as such; competitive UX benchmarking, generative wireframing to determine context hierarchy based on user workflow, composing compelling visual storyboards, developing mid to high fidelity UX prototypes for both physical and/or digital assets and conducting user testing
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary product development teams and/or external partners
The ability to manage various programs at one time while oscillating between offering strategic long-term vision setting and ‘real-time’ tactile design executional mentorship to staff
- Experience in leading department administration activities such as expense & capital budget management, resource planning, and executive summaries, etc
- Proven ability to evangelize design and cultivate a team culture of inclusion and vulnerability while stretching and growing design proficiencies within team members
- Passion for driving strong strategic organizational leadership and operational excellence
- Evidence of strong technical design mastery in systems integration (physical and digital) with the ability decode your experience to motivate and elevate designers’ deliverables
- This position may require an average of 20% domestic and international travel
For consideration, please submit a PDF, or provide a link to web-based portfolio that demonstrates successful product launches.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.