We are Smart InsurTech AG, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hypoport SE. We are revolutionizing the insurance industry in Germany. Are you up for the challenge? We are now looking for an experienced Frontend Engineer!
Thanks to our innovative insurance platform, insurance companies can focus on their products while insurance brokers can assure good customer service. We push for the digitalisation of the insurance market with efficient processes, scalable architecture, peformant backend services and clean frontend.
Work from anywhere: Although we have offices in Inning am Ammersee, Bayreuth, Berlin, Hamburg, Lübeck, Munich, Neßlbach/Winzer, Primstal and Regensburg you can work from any other location in Germany. Wherever your are based, you are free to work from your own home as a senior frontend developer.
What will keep you challenged
What will make you succeed
- Working in a team where great engineering skills, strong CS fundamentals is highly valued
- Working with cutting-edge technologies in an agile environment
- Consulting with internal stakeholders in Product and Product Design on best practices, conventions and standards
- Taking ownership of important technical and architectural aspects and continuously work to improve them
- Working closely with other engineers to build a highly complex insurance marketplace that seamlessly integrates all market players
- Working with continuous integration and deployment tools to automate tedious tasks
- Being challenged for delivering the best you, paying attention to the details of security, scalability, performance and automation
- Participating in discussions pertaining to solution design and architecture
- 5+ years of building frontends, some of those using Angular and Typescript
- Strong experience with RxJS(or the likes), State Management, DI etc.
- Confidence in topics like web security, data validation, browser compatibility, and responsiveness
- Experience with Docker and containers
- Some knowledge of Kubernetes ecosystem and DevOps best practices
- Experience with git workflow strategies and code reviews
- Experience working with continuous integration and deployment tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and/or German
- Ability to learn new technologies and apply best practices
- Experience working in remote setups and distributed teams and a strong preference for this working model
What else can you bring and is nice to have?
What you can expect from us
- Experience with design tools such as Figma, Sketch
- Experience with Jira for agile project management
- If you are more interested in fullstack, then experience with backend development in Java or .NET Core is nice to have
And now what?
- Fun & speedy: You will enjoy our dynamic and fast-paced environment and love your new dedicated and motivated colleagues
- Flexibility: The results count and we have trust in you and your ability to organise yourself
- Personal freedom & creativity: We are a disruptive business - the freedom to shape, create and initiate is a given
- Self-organisation: No micro-management and no antiquated hierarchy, we work along a holacratic system. Give "holacracy" a google search!
- Development: You will not get bored. We provide you with opportunities for personal growth.
You are feeling an urge? We'd love your application via our website. No need to fill out lengthy forms, just upload your CV here, and no need for a cover letter, we'd rather hear what makes you interested in the position and what challenges you'd like to take on. We'd love to hear about your expectations and salary wishes.
Any questions? Just give Isabel a call.
People & Culture Recruiting Partner
Tel. +49 451 1408 9221