Product Manager, Customer Success
What is Current?
Our mission is to enable budget-conscious consumers to earn additional income from their everyday habits. We accomplish this with an Android app
that pay users to listen to music, charge their phone, play games, complete surveys; and connect them with exclusive deals to save and earn even more.
We’ve grown our product by several multiples in the last year: over 500,000 people earn on Current daily, we’re approaching $1M in monthly payouts to users, and are maintaining positive margins at an 8-figure revenue run rate.
Our product team is 30 people strong and is made up of cross-functional pods that own specific areas of Current. Each pod has a Product Manager, Engineers, and a Designer, and together, they rally around their pillar of Current. They are responsible for solving the hardest problems our users and business face and delivering great product experiences. Our team members are constantly pushing each other to grow and take every opportunity to learn from each other. At the same time, each team member has full ownership over their work and is a leader on their team.
About the Customer Success Team
The rapid growth has degraded our customer experience. Our team previously was able to respond to customer questions and perform manual work to keep Current moving. These systems no longer work – our team cannot keep up, and our customer experience is suffering, resulting in churn. The industry benchmarks also indicate that investing in new customers is between 5 and 25 times more expensive than retaining existing ones. Therefore, once acquired, we should make every effort to not let the user drop off. We are creating a dedicated product team to help us reduce churn and scale further.
Our mission is to eliminate customer friction throughout the product. We aim to do this by building systems for users to resolve their own questions and problems, and wherever possible automatically resolve them.
You will ultimately be responsible for the team’s roadmap, but some near-term initiatives include: profile management to allow users to easily change details, order tracking to see the status of their fulfillment, account verification to reduce fraud checks and improve error communication throughout the product.
About the Role
As a Product Manager, you’ll lead all projects for your cross-functional team. You’ll be the expert in your team’s area of Current and be responsible for identifying the biggest weaknesses/opportunities, hypothesizing solutions, rallying the team to build them, measuring performance, and iterating.
This is a remote-first role, with an annual salary of $80k-115k USD.
- Drive the product strategy and execution for your cross-functional squad, partnering with product design, engineering, operations, and other stakeholders to reliably ship initiatives that reduce friction for our users and burden on our team.
- Leverage qualitative and quantitative learnings to develop a deep intuition for what is important to our users, and use that to drive your roadmap and contribute to the overall product strategy.
- Advocate for customer success across the Product Team to ensure ‘supportability’ is baked into every feature (e.g. each new feature has a comprehensive space in the Product Knowledge Base).
- Define what success looks like, and then ensure that we have the data in place to measure our progress. Rally your team around what winning looks like and how we get there.
- Grow and refine the product and design backlog by prioritizing against short- and long-term value deliverables
- Define and create/maintain a roadmap that aligns with company OKRs.
- Align sprint cycle with product, platform strategy and other business initiatives
- Make and own the hard decisions and trade-offs that emerge during solution delivery when things don't go exactly as planned
- Own the continued evolution of our agile practice
We’d Love To Talk To You If...
- the company and projects excite you!
- you’ve shipped world-class products in a fast-growing company.
- you’re excited to build systems that improve customer experience.
- you have experience in mobile product management, partnering with engineers and designers, and leading product prioritization.
- you have experience using data to define and support your team’s strategies.
- are passionate about explaining the ‘why’ to people.
- are comfortable using data to challenge (or be challenged) to ensure decisions are correct.
- you love unpacking problems to effectively and quickly identify root causes.
- you are meticulous in your user stories and both problem + solution definition.
- you get satisfaction from maintaining a well-groomed backlog of projects, with clear ties to your team’s mission.
The interview process is normally a 30-minute phone screen, a 1-hour product skills phone interview, and a 2/3-hour virtual onsite interview with engineering, product, leadership, and operations.
What We Are Offering
- Participation in the company's equity & token plan
- Work with highly curated high caliber people
- Celebrate employee personal milestones
- Flexible Hours (we are not your traditional 9 to 5 company)
- Remote team building activities every 6-8 weeks
- Virtual happy hours & virtual coffee buddies
- Bonus.ly - we use bonus.ly as a way to recognize and reward employees for their hard work + commitment
- Monthly virtual yoga + meditation classes
- We follow the “12 PM to 1 PM CST Break” - no meetings during this time to encourage team members to take a break in their workday!