What is Current?
Our mission is to enable budget-conscious consumers to earn additional income from their everyday habits. We accomplish this with an Android app
that pay users to listen to music, charge their phone, play games, complete surveys; and connect them with exclusive deals to save and earn even more.
We’ve grown our product by several multiples in the last year: over 500,000 people earn on Current daily, we’re approaching $1M in monthly payouts to users, and are maintaining positive margins at an 8-figure revenue run rate.
Our product team is 30 people strong and is made up of cross-functional pods that own specific areas of Current. Each pod has a Product Manager, Engineers, and a Designer, and together, they rally around their pillar of Current. They are responsible for solving the hardest problems our users and business face and delivering great product experiences. Our team members are constantly pushing each other to grow and take every opportunity to learn from each other. At the same time, each team member has full ownership over their work and is a leader on their team.
About the Platform Team
The rapid growth has been challenging in a few areas. Our operating costs have increased (e.g AWS and other vendors), we’ve had challenges meeting demand as the usage has spiked, we have ongoing work to remain compliant, we need to adopt internationalization to serve our growing audience, and we need to level-up the overall quality of our product.
To help resolve these challenges and enable further growth, we are building a Platform team to focus on the behind-the-scenes of Current!
Our team’s mission is to supercharge the profitable growth of Current. This involves ensuring our infrastructure can scale to meet demand while remaining cost-effective, improving how we’re able to serve audiences in all countries, and improving the architecture of our services to be more maintainable and testable.
About the Role
As a Technical Product Manager, you’ll lead all projects for your cross-functional team. You’ll be responsible for working with your engineering counterparts to identify the biggest opportunities, hypothesizing solutions, rallying the team to build them, measuring performance, and iterating.
Given the team’s scope, this is a highly technical role and thus will require considerable technical expertise and a great ability to work closely with the engineers on your team to understand the details.
This is a remote-first role, with an annual salary of $80k-130k USD and other benefits (including bonus and stock options).
- Drive the product strategy and execution for your cross-functional squad, partnering with product design, engineering, operations, and other stakeholders to reliably ship initiatives that reduce friction for our users and burden on our team.
- Leverage qualitative and quantitative learnings to develop a deep intuition for what is important to our users, and use that to drive your roadmap and contribute to the overall product strategy.
- Advocate for customer success across the Product Team to ensure ‘supportability’ is baked into every feature (e.g. each new feature has a comprehensive space in the Product Knowledge Base).
- Define what success looks like, and then ensure that we have the data in place to measure our progress. Rally your team around what winning looks like and how we get there.
- Grow and refine the product and design backlog by prioritizing against short- and long-term value deliverables
- Define and create/maintain a roadmap that aligns with company OKRs.
- Align sprint cycle with product, platform strategy and other business initiatives
- Make and own the hard decisions and trade-offs that emerge during solution delivery when things don't go exactly as planned
- Own the continued evolution of our agile practice
We’d Love To Talk To You If...
- the company and projects excite you!
- you’ve shipped world-class products in a fast-growing company.
- you have experience in mobile product management, partnering with engineers and designers, and leading product prioritization.
- you have significant experience in a senior-level engineering role.
- you’re familiar with numerous AWS services.
- you have experience using data to define and support your team’s strategies.
- are passionate about explaining the ‘why’ to people.
- are comfortable using data to challenge (or be challenged) to ensure decisions are correct.
- you love unpacking problems to effectively and quickly identify root causes.
- you are meticulous in your user stories and both problem + solution definition.
- you get satisfaction from maintaining a well-groomed backlog of projects, with clear ties to your team’s mission.
The interview process is normally a 30-minute phone screen, a 1-hour product skills phone interview, 1 hour technical design interview, and a 2/3-hour virtual onsite interview with engineering, product, leadership, and operations.
What We Are Offering
- Participation in the company's equity & token plan
- Work with highly curated high caliber people
- Celebrate employee personal milestones
- Flexible Hours (we are not your traditional 9 to 5 company)
- Remote team building activities every 6-8 weeks
- Virtual happy hours & virtual coffee buddies
- Bonus.ly - we use bonus.ly as a way to recognize and reward employees for their hard work + commitment
- Monthly virtual yoga + meditation classes
- We follow the “12 PM to 1 PM CST Break” - no meetings during this time to encourage team members to take a break in their workday!