Director of Accounting and Operations
Location: Burlington, VT
Type: Full Time Min. Experience: Senior Executive
Reconciled: Accounting and Operations Manager
Reconciled is an online bookkeeping and accounting service based in Burlington, VT. We’re passionate about using online, cloud-based tools to provide better bookkeeping to fascinating, inspiring entrepreneurs all over the country. In fact, Intuit recognized us as the 2018 US Firm of the Future and a finalist for Global Firm of the Future because of our ability to leverage modern tools and a remote workforce to get excellent results for our clients. We have big plans for the next year which include doubling our growth. Do you love the chaos of fast growth? Does leading large and complex teams align with your previous experience? Do you have experience in helping smaller companies achieve big goals? If so, keep reading for more details.
The Director of Operations encompasses several different roles internally and externally. They oversee and handle the day to day operations of our entire bookkeeping, senior accountant, on-boarding and special projects/clean up staff. Advanced accounting knowledge, technology savviness and experience in different industries are a necessity. True success comes from a successful team. Effective managerial skills are key in this very dynamic environment built around remote workforce, newest technology and diverse clientele.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage team of both bookkeepers, senior accountants and onboarding team.
- Provide technical and social support to the team while developing each staff member to their full potential and efficiency.
- Professional development of bookkeepers.
- Regularly evaluate each employee and provide feedback to the company CEO.
- Research and continue education in all areas of accounting and technology used internally and by clients.
- Perform bookkeeping services as needed for multiple complex clients or clients in transition.
- Support onboarding of new clients to ensure adequate support to the primary bookkeeper.
- Onboard new employees and ensure their successful transition to the company.
- Interview candidates for new positions.
- Co-lead staff meetings and training.
- Support other areas of company such as Sales, HR and Admin as needed to continue to develop infrastructures of the company.
- Assess, reflect and adapt current processes to help keep pace with growth of company.
- Guide and coach managers of various teams
Qualifications and Skills
- Enjoy the fast-pace and personality of entrepreneurial business people.
- Love being part of a start up and growing company (which means a bit of chaos sometimes)!
- Have experience managing a remote team
- Remote work experience
- Client facing skills – you must be able to communicate with our clients, both on the phone and through email.
- Bachelors or Higher in Accounting or Accounting related field.
- Experience scaling companies operational processes
- Quickbooks Certified along with experience in other cloud accounting apps (like Bill.com and Receiptbank).
Benefits and Perks
- You’ll get a generous benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision and 401(k) with a match
- Live a flexible no commuting-lifestyle
- Visit beautiful Burlington, VT twice a year for our mandatory all hands on deck staff meeting! Company paid travel and lodging for 2 days.
- Training on the online software is provided for all employees.
Ready to have a better work life balance and grow in your cloud accounting skills?
- Interested candidates must submit a resume AND cover letter.
- One more time – YOU MUST SUBMIT A COVER LETTER in order to be considered.
- Link to your LinkedIn profile if available.
- Provide your desired hourly rate or salary.
- Initial interviews will be conducted via video conference software (Zoom).