The Power Auctions software team works closely with the world's leading experts on auction design, implementing innovative ideas from an academic environment in real-world applications of high economic and social impact. For example, we are currently helping the government of Botswana to sell diamonds mined in the country directly to diamond dealers, for a market price determined in a fair, transparent, and efficient auction.
You will be collaborating with our Project Management & QA teams to develop new software for different auction designs and customers. You may be asked to design a complex workflow or implement a data-rich screen of bidding information. You may also be asked to interface directly with our customers at their sites to understand their requirements.
Power Auctions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage candidates from underrepresented minorities to submit resumes for consideration. Please note that this position does require U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years of web development experience (HTML/CSS/JS/backend)
- Experience developing or familiarity with Ember or React applications, including using Native Classes and TypeScript
- Proficiency with a Unix command line interface
- Solid oral and written English communication skills and ability to express complex ideas clearly and succinctly in writing
- Enthusiasm to work in a fast-paced and dynamically changing environment
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision, but also collaborate with the development team
- Ability and patience to pay attention to detail
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Optional Experience related to our toolset
- A degree in computer science or mathematics or related field
- Experience building a production Ember 3 application
- Experience testing with Mirage
- Experience working with a Rails API
- Experience working with Elixir
- Experience with AWS and Docker
- Experience with git
- Experience with data modeling
- Experience building complex systems
- Has or can obtain a security clearance