builds an end-to-end encrypted note-taking application for digitalists and professionals. We solve challenging problems at the intersection of privacy, security, and productivity, and are looking for talented software engineers with a like-minded passion towards our mission.We're seeking
a senior/staff level frontend engineer, with strong experience in React and TypeScript.
Who we are
Standard Notes was founded in 2016 amidst turbulent times for software companies, both on the front of sustainability, and privacy. We're a different kind of company founded on two basic principles:
- User data is a liability, not an asset.
- Software longevity and stability is of paramount significance, and can be achieved only through the alignment of user and company interests and principles.
We build an end-to-end encrypted note-taking application beloved and used by many, and available on every major platform. We've built this through a sustainable business model powered directly by user subscriptions to our service.
- 32-hour workweek. Partitioned however you like. No need to be online and present every day from 9-5.
- Competitive salary
- 7 weeks paid time off
- Fully remote and asynchronous work culture
- Digital services reimbursement (Spotify, Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Dropbox, etc)
- Weekly reimbursed lunch delivery (Uber Eats, Door Dash, etc)
- Co-working space reimbursement
- Continuing Education & Personal Development reimbursement (courses and conferences)
- Health insurance reimbursement (US only)
What the ideal candidate looks like:
- Designs systems and architectures, and isn't intimated by difficult or complex problems.
- Can learn complex topics in short periods of time. For example, while we make no use of machine learning at all, should our company have a need for such a technology in the future, the ideal candidate should be able to quickly learn the basic principles of ML and put together a functioning implementation based on aggressive self-education.
- Knows just enough about almost every stack, but is an in-depth expert in a few particular stacks. To us, it’s not important that our stack and your stack be exactly identical. It’s about the process of how you learn, versus what you may happen to already know.
- Is a good writer. You must show that you’re able to write not just clean code, but can write user-friendly documentation that simplifies complex topics. A good writer is also able to effectively communicate their plans and blueprints, ideas and strategies, and issues and concerns, using a to-the-point, non-indulgent style of writing that can be a model for other team members.
You should know about, or be willing to learn, the principles of:
How to apply
If the above description sounds like you, and you're eager to work with us on the future of privacy and encryption, send an email to [email protected]
with a small intro, resume, any relevant online links, and your salary requirements