About the opportunity
You’ll be working on a large, sophisticated, single page application used by thousands of users to manage, create and edit their content in Contentful.
We target current evergreen browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge) to provide a highly interactive, smooth user-experience inside the browser, allowing users to perform complex tasks around content management.
The frontend application does not only communicate with a REST API but has a real-time connection to the server and other users for collaboratively editing documents.
What to expect?
As a Frontend Engineer, you will work on a complex, modular user interface where API design, application architecture and application state management are the main challenges. As a member of a cross-functional team, you’ll work side by side with backend engineers. You’ll gain exposure to a wide range of technologies and approaches that are not limited to frontend development but will also give you a comprehensive grasp of the entire product.
What you need to be successful?
What’s in it for you?
- 3+ years experience with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance
- Solid knowledge of React framework
- Knowledge of Typescript is a big plus
- Knowledge of functional programming principles is a plus
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbally and written (German is not required)
Who are we?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
- Get fit! We offer a variety of health and fitness classes and a discount on Urban Sports Club.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- We value our employees health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID pandemic.
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang & Olufsen, N26 and Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 350 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed locations around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here”
— it’s a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We look forward to your application!