Remote position - EST timezone
Weaveworks is looking for a Technical Marketing Engineer to join us. In this role, you will have significant technical sales enablement responsibility, helping sales and marketing communicate the business value of our offerings to customers and partners alike by developing technical content and sales tools that are used by marketing, solutions architects, pre-sales, and sales teams.
Learn: Rapidly build expertise in how/when Weaveworks products solve customer problems across a variety of different use cases, partner integrations, application environments and process maturity levels
Demos: Design, deliver, and train the field on value-based demonstration of our products
- User Content: Continuously uncover user needs to proactively plan and build content including how-to guides, demo videos and other content that drives end user adoption
Buyer Content: Collaborate with Sales, SE and Marketing to create material that help them meet the needs of technical buyers including white papers, presentations, evaluation guides and RFP answers
Partner Content: Build materials that explain the joint value proposition of partner integrations including how they solve problems through use cases of both sets of users
Competition: Analyze competitors’ approaches across a variety of use cases and synthesize into consumable information and external differentiation
Evangelize: Represent Weaveworks as a technical evangelist at events and customer meetings
Launch: Collaborate with product marketing to create technical content for product launches
- Understanding of the enterprise IT automation and enterprise software business industries
- 5+ years of software industry experience with expertise in Linux and extensive technical background
- Ideally you have experience with hyperscale platforms and cloud-native tools such as Kubernetes, Docker and modern DevOps practices such as GitOps
- Proven understanding of what it takes to motivate technical audiences and an ability to translate that understanding into revenue
- Ability to create high-quality, compelling technical marketing content quickly and accurately
- Charismatic with excellent presentation skills and the ability to inspire technical audiences while demonstrating expertise in our offerings
- Record of success in a fast-moving, technical environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a persuasion-oriented and cross-functional environment
- Knowledge of open source projects, development processes, and methodologies
- Understanding of traditional software methodologies and DevOps
- Comfortable building technical documents from scratch
- Intuitive and motivated self-starter
- Ability to work with little supervision, direction, and established processes
The fine print
- You must be able to work legally in the country employed
- This is a full time employee position
- You must not only be comfortable working in a remote location, but have a high internet bandwidth working environment that can support uninterrupted video conferencing
- As a for-profit company that is deeply committed to open-source, you will find yourself working with a team who are passionate about achieving success in both.
Weaveworks is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Weaveworks considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. Weaveworks is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Additionally, Weaveworks is an equal employment opportunity employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. Black lives matter.