Would you like to use your skills to help non-academic talent to have the same career opportunities you have? Join the Heyvolution!
We use a rich data set we collect along the hiring processes of many companies & machine-learning technologies to connect people to their next job. On the other side, with the HeyJobs platform, we enable recruiters - our customers - who are desperately looking for talent, to get their open positions filled quickly with perfectly matching candidates.
With more than 1500 customers and a team of 120+, our vision is to become the trustworthy career advisor for talent in Europe - making exhausting and non-transparent application processes a thing of the past.
Our talent platform team designs, builds and runs the next generation talent experience for millions of people (see link here).
As a backend/fullstack engineer in the team, you will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining significant parts of our features and helping us become the go-to career advisor for skilled workers.
Your work will involve discussing, helping to design and implement various parts of our product, including, but not limited to: services, apis, user flows, layouts, controls and interactions.
You will build, maintain and optimise various systems that work behind the scenes and enable our business like recommendation systems, CRM and job search indexing.
In you role you will report to the engineering manager of the growing talent platform team.
- 2+ years of Ruby on Rails experience
- You are a software development generalist
- Keen interest in software design and architecture
- Experience in automated testing and test driven design
- Ability to drive features end2end from backend to frontend and from concept to production
- Experience in using Docker or other containerization technologies
- Skills that make you an excellent team player
- Excellent spoken and written English communication (German not required)
- Have worked in an Agile environment
- Understanding of or experienced in setting up and maintaining CI/CD processes
- You’re good at implementing monitoring solutions and profiling your applications
- Experience working with NodeJS
- Experience working with AWS
- Prior experience in scaling a web application to millions of users
- Console cowboy attitude, focus on building/using tools to automate your workflows
- Ship features that will be used by hundreds of thousands of talents from day 1
- Scale and grow our talent platform backend (Search, CRM, Job recommendations, Applicant communication) while also willing to contribute to the frontend if needed
- Work with the Product Owner to design and build various components and flows that help and enable users to find the right job.
- Participate in and lead designing APIs and interactions between backend and frontend
- Anticipate and solve application scalability challenges while we scale to millions of users
Want to know more about us?
- Great product with purpose: To help people get the right job to live a fulfilling life. Learn more here.
- Welcoming company culture: Our values - Teamwork, Entrepreneurship, Drive - are integrated in all areas of our organization and build the core for a respectful and people-focused culture. Learn more.
- Diverse Team: 23 different nationalities, 47% women (50% women in leadership), 38% of employees working in tech, LGBT+ champion
- Modern technology stack: Check out our Stack.
- High-quality equipment: Electric standing desk, MacBook of choice, etc.
- Career development: Clear 7-step career path supported by In-house trainings and personal development budget for external trainings/conferences
- Secure Job: Over 1’000 large clients, proven business model & over 20M€ financing
- Work-Life Balance: Flexible working hours, paid sabbaticals, remote work possibilities and more
- Perks & Benefits: weekly team lunch, annual company retreat, sports membership, employee stock options, fresh fruit & great drinks and much more
- Great Office: Air-conditioned office in Berlin-Kreuzberg, Paul-Lincke Ufer - great lunch options and food markets
We are proud to have been continuously ranked as one of Berlin’s best tech employers! See for yourself:
Top Tech Employer in Berlin: http://bit.ly/happyHJ
Top 25 LinkedIn Startups: http://bit.ly/top25li
To find more about us, check out our…